My new kleinmanni set up

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
Very cool setup. How many do you have? Plans to breed? What did you use for the background?

One note. I doubt the bromeliads will survive those conditions. You might want to substitute them for the grass.

Wanda

10 Year Member!
South east UK
The bromeliads are meant to be drought resistant but we will see. Most of the other plants are fake so should survive ok

I have five. Two males, 3 females and if they cooperate I would love eggs! But we will see, nothing so far.

The background would not survive more rowdy tortoises such as Russians but as these just don't dig or scratch around much it should be ok. It is carved polystyrene, loads of layers of tile grout then sealed with yacht varnish. The other is just painted with acrylics and sealed. I thought as it is inside the house it would be nice to have something interesting and colourful - the tortoises couldn't really care less

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, it looks fantastic. Like something you would see in a zoo. How big is it, it looks huge. Great job. If they aren't happy in that, there's no making them happy.

Wanda

10 Year Member!
South east UK
Wow, it looks fantastic. Like something you would see in a zoo. How big is it, it looks huge. Great job. If they aren't happy in that, there's no making them happy.

Thank you. It is roughly 7 1/2 feet x 2 1/2 feet, so it is quite big!

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
very nice!! what are your day time highs upto? how low do you let your night temps grt down to?