my new double dapple mini weenie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starjess81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
KY
My honey got me a double dapple mini dachshund last night! He is so freaking cute! One blue eye and one brown eye! Pix soon to come

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
I bet it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
They are so cute. My assistant has two of them and of course we make fun of him for having a mini weiner, but he brought one over to my house and she was so sweet.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
terryo said:
You can't make a post like that without pictures!! Come on.....:(

I agree, it was a let down to open the thread expecting to see pics and nothing...:p

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Your title caught my attention...just had to know what it is. Where are the pics?????? :cool:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Laura said:
whats a Double Dapple?? I know dapple.. bt what makes it double?

:D That's been my question. Keep thinking soon those pictures would appear, so I could see it for myself.

doubletorts

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Laura said:

:D That's been my question. Keep thinking soon those pictures would appear, so I could see it for myself.

A double dapple is when you breed two dapples together. It is not recommended because of health issues. "Double dapple is the result of both the mother and the father dog giving the pup a dapple gene. For example, the father dog gives the pup the gene first and dapples his back legs and tail, then the mother dog gives a dapple gene to the puppy’s entire body. Where the two dapple genes overlap results in solid white; the other areas that did not overlap genes result in spots which contain dappling. There are extreme risks in breeding dapples and a good breeder will not risk the health of their pups in this way."

Risks include: birth defects such as blind, deaf or both and microphthalmia (an abnormally small eye). Sometimes this overlapping dapple gene can even cause missing eyes and/or ears. However, a double dapple puppy can be born with no deformities at all.

Now I found all this out because we got a dapple dachshund and wanted to know what would happen if we got another and bred them.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
doubletorts said:
Jacqui said:
Laura said:

A double dapple is when you breed two dapples together. It is not recommended because of health issues. "Double dapple is the result of both the mother and the father dog giving the pup a dapple gene. For example, the father dog gives the pup the gene first and dapples his back legs and tail, then the mother dog gives a dapple gene to the puppy’s entire body. Where the two dapple genes overlap results in solid white; the other areas that did not overlap genes result in spots which contain dappling. There are extreme risks in breeding dapples and a good breeder will not risk the health of their pups in this way."

Risks include: birth defects such as blind, deaf or both and microphthalmia (an abnormally small eye). Sometimes this overlapping dapple gene can even cause missing eyes and/or ears. However, a double dapple puppy can be born with no deformities at all.

Now I found all this out because we got a dapple dachshund and wanted to know what would happen if we got another and bred them.
I can't wait to see pics, by this description I have a Double Dapple and didn't know it,She will be 3 next month, she has 2 blue eyes.I just told people that she is multi colored,her front has a lot of white with some dappling, and she is a Spoiled Little Princes. Len

doubletorts

5 Year Member
[/quote]
I can't wait to see pics, by this description I have a Double Dapple and didn't know it,She will be 3 next month, she has 2 blue eyes.I just told people that she is multi colored,her front has a lot of white with some dappling, and she is a Spoiled Little Princes. Len

[/quote]

The blue eyes do not necessarily mean she is a double dapple. And a white body could mean that she carries for pie bald or is pie bald. But depending on where you got her, they should tell you.

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
We do not have the internet at the house so I have to wait til Tuesday and post picts! Sorry! Ill take some good ones tomorrow

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
I made my fb profie public since I cannot post pictures...my name is jessica kettinger. Ill leave it public for a few days. Enjoy my crazy zoo pictures.....lol

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I'm not real good with face book(or computers in general) but I found you and 2 pics of Chewy, he is neat looking and so laid-back, he looks a lot like the father of the two I have. Len

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
Here is my Chewy! He is super sweet! One blue eye and one brown eye!!!

doubletorts said:
Jacqui said:
Laura said:

I didn't specifically have 2 dapples bred to make Chewy, he was on CL and I fell in love with his picture! His personality is equal to his picture. There are a lot of health risks with the genetics of double-dapple weenies! We don't plan on breeding him!

Attachments

• chew.jpg
    chew.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 23
  • chew1.jpg
    chew1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 24

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
I've never seen/heard of dapple before so still confused about the dapple but I get the idea...any pics??

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
AWE! his name is Chewy becauase he is always chewing!!! We have a basket with all of his toys in it and he will get out all of his toys, I'll pick them up and he will just do it again, like a little kid!

MORTYtheTORTY said:
I've never seen/heard of dapple before so still confused about the dapple but I get the idea...any pics??

I attached a few pictures in my previous post....let me know if you see them!

Status
Not open for further replies.