My New Burmese Star

AndreK

Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA
Hi Everyone!

I joined this forum recently and has been doing a lot of research on Burmese Star and how we need to maintain high temperature and humidity to have a thriving Burmese Star and how we need to use a closed chamber to achieve that. I kept reading that @Markw84 has the best enclosure on the market, so I contacted him about the closed chamber. We communicated for a bit, he was really nice and patient in answering all my questions.
Mark also had some Burmese Stars available, so I decided to get the enclosure and Burmese star from him.

Instead of having the enclosure and tortoise shipped, we ended up driving down from Seattle to Mark’s place and it was worth the drive and more. Mark graciously showing my family and I around his house and his tortoises and turtles' paradise, everything was just perfect. My family and I really enjoyed our time there.

For the drive home, Mark packed the enclosure really well. Disassembling it was also a breeze (no frustrating box to open and recycle).
Traveling with the tortoise was smooth, Mark provided a box for the tortoise and we put the box in an insulated grocery bag, I used the SensorPush sensor that I also got from Mark to monitor the temperature and humidity while on the road. With an insulated bag and UniHeat pack, we were able to keep the temperature above 80 during the drive home.

For the enclosure, it is a great enclosure! Not only does the enclosure make it easy to maintain temperature and humidity we want, it also looks great!
I would have to say this is the best looking enclosure I have seen. Set up was easy, especially with the detailed instructions provided by Mark.
The enclosure has 2 thermostat, 1 to control the basking temperature and 1 to control the ambient temperature.

I would like to say thank you to @Markw84 for the great experience! Really appreciate all you do and I would be a repeat customer for sure!
I cannot recommend Mark enough for anyone looking for a closed chamber or a Burmese star.

Now for detail of the tortoise
Hatch date measurements (09/20/2020):
- Weight: 23.4g
- Length: 1.86 inches
Current measurements (4/5/2021):
- Weight: 93.5g
- Length: 2.82 inches

And here are some pictures of the enclosure and the tortoise.

20210405_113628.jpeg20210405_114613.jpegDSC09291.jpegDSC09294.jpegDSC09295.jpegDSC09318.jpeg

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Hi Everyone!

I joined this forum recently and has been doing a lot of research on Burmese Star and how we need to maintain high temperature and humidity to have a thriving Burmese Star and how we need to use a closed chamber to achieve that. I kept reading that @Markw84 has the best enclosure on the market, so I contacted him about the closed chamber. We communicated for a bit, he was really nice and patient in answering all my questions.
Mark also had some Burmese Stars available, so I decided to get the enclosure and Burmese star from him.

Instead of having the enclosure and tortoise shipped, we ended up driving down from Seattle to Mark’s place and it was worth the drive and more. Mark graciously showing my family and I around his house and his tortoises and turtles' paradise, everything was just perfect. My family and I really enjoyed our time there.

For the drive home, Mark packed the enclosure really well. Disassembling it was also a breeze (no frustrating box to open and recycle).
Traveling with the tortoise was smooth, Mark provided a box for the tortoise and we put the box in an insulated grocery bag, I used the SensorPush sensor that I also got from Mark to monitor the temperature and humidity while on the road. With an insulated bag and UniHeat pack, we were able to keep the temperature above 80 during the drive home.

For the enclosure, it is a great enclosure! Not only does the enclosure make it easy to maintain temperature and humidity we want, it also looks great!
I would have to say this is the best looking enclosure I have seen. Set up was easy, especially with the detailed instructions provided by Mark.
The enclosure has 2 thermostat, 1 to control the basking temperature and 1 to control the ambient temperature.

I would like to say thank you to @Markw84 for the great experience! Really appreciate all you do and I would be a repeat customer for sure!
I cannot recommend Mark enough for anyone looking for a closed chamber or a Burmese star.

View attachment 322568View attachment 322569View attachment 322570View attachment 322571View attachment 322572View attachment 322573
Congrats! Beautiful baby.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi Everyone!

View attachment 322568View attachment 322569View attachment 322570View attachment 322571View attachment 322572View attachment 322573
You've chosen wisely all around. Great species in a great enclosure from a great breeder. You will be rewarded with a fun, easy, enjoyable tortoise owning experience for many many years.

jdc33333

Frisco, Texas
Hi Everyone!

Hey Andre,

That set-up looks amazing. I used to have a Leopard and my kids want me to get back into the game with a Burmese star. Any chance you could give me a ballpark on how much that set up would be along with the tortoise? If not, I can reach out to Mark on my own. Thanks.

AndreK

Seattle, WA
Hey Andre,

That set-up looks amazing. I used to have a Leopard and my kids want me to get back into the game with a Burmese star. Any chance you could give me a ballpark on how much that set up would be along with the tortoise? If not, I can reach out to Mark on my own. Thanks.
Thank you! I have been really satisfied with the enclosure, the tortoise, and the whole experience with Mark.

You should reach out to @Markw84. You really cannot go wrong with him.

AndreK

Seattle, WA
New members of the Burmese Star family!

We like @Markw84's enclosure so much, we just have to order the expansion pack.

When we picked up the expansion pack last week, we also got 3 more baby tortoises :)
They are all healthy and eating well already.

The tortoise we picked up early April is now 155g, you can see the size difference in one of the picture.

I really cannot recommend Mark enough to anyone that is looking for an enclosure or baby Burmese Star tortoises.

20210730_140731 (1).jpeg

20210728_105004.jpeg

20210731_173106.jpeg

DSC09358.jpeg