My new boxie enclosure

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Thanks. It's kind of fun to set up the enclosures. And I am always thinking of ways to update it. about the time I get this winter one done I will have to start working on the summer one outdoors.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I found some more safe plants so I hooked it up. I have a few more but don't want the entire thing to be plants.

View attachment 106390
View attachment 106391

Ignore what looks to be like jagged edges along my enclosure. That's because I was using the panoramic function of my phone camera and my hands are not that steady.
It'll look even awesomer once they grow in! :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Thanks. It's kind of fun to set up the enclosures. And I am always thinking of ways to update it. about the time I get this winter one done I will have to start working on the summer one outdoors.
Your's is so pretty! I love all the different sides. I know, despite the fact moving things about isn't really good, it's a lot of fun to plan and setup new areas!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Your's is so pretty! I love all the different sides. I know, despite the fact moving things about isn't really good, it's a lot of fun to plan and setup new areas!
Thanks. I realize that rearranging things often can add stress to your turtle. but I think it also adds a little bit of mental stimulation, in the wild they don't just sit in a small area. I usually leave the hides in the same place but move other things around.I only do this about once a season, for instants I will probably rearrange the outdoor enclosures before they go out in the spring. And then I will rearrange these enclosures before they come in next winter.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is so, so, nice! ! !I like it! !

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
aw man i've wanted to get into boxies but don't know enough about them guess it's time to start reading lol
They're really not too difficult. I didn't plan on getting one, but I was offered a little homeless Boxturtle and I'm a sucker so I took it home. i've had some difficulty getting her to eat something besides worms but other than that everything is going really well. she had very poor care and was mostly wild so I think that's why it's taking her a little more time to get used to eating other foods. definitely different than my Russian but also a lot of fun and lots of character.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
This made my day too! They are beautiful. I love the decorative changes you made to the enclosure. How many months is it from when they were little until the recent pictures.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I seem to remember that pine needles aren't good. You can't have too much leaf litter, though. It enriches the substrate as it breaks down.

You can seed the habitat with worms & pill bugs. They won't escape. That offers hunting to the turtles.