My new blue tongue skink (need a good name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eudora09

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, Arizona
A week ago my husband made me rehome my western hognose snake, Loki. It was a very hard thing for me to do. I had him for a long time and he was very sweet until about a month ago. Loki started acting weird for no apparent reason. It started out with him flattening his body and hissing at me when I would get him out, then it turned into him striking at me opened mouth to the point all I had to do was walk in front of his cage and he would strike his cage. Seeing that I have a very weak immune system my husband didn't want to take the chance that I got bit and Loki inject his "venom" into me. So Loki went to a friend that has lots of hognoses and knows what he is doing. While I was there I saw his "babies" and his blue tongue skinks had babies about 7 months ago and he let me take one home with me. We think it's a girl. She has been helping in the healing process a lot and I really love her but I can't think of a great name for her lol. ( I mean my greek tortoise is named Belle from Beauty and the Beast since it was my favorite disney movie when I was a kid)

So here is a picture of my new baby:
bluetongueskink.jpg

Also if anyone here owns blue tongues and has any advice that would be great. I love hearing everyone's thoughts about care and things.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't have much experience with them, but recently developed a fascination with them. They are great lizards and very easy to care for. Congrats. I found some great websites. Can't remember them now. Just do a google search, if you haven't already. Lots of good info out there.

I particularly liked this one: http://www.bluetongueskinks.net/
Just click on the "Care Sheet" tab. Its a long read, but I liked almost all of it.

eudora09

5 Year Member
Tucson, Arizona
Tom said:
I don't have much experience with them, but recently developed a fascination with them. They are great lizards and very easy to care for. Congrats. I found some great websites. Can't remember them now. Just do a google search, if you haven't already. Lots of good info out there.

I particularly liked this one: http://www.bluetongueskinks.net/
Just click on the "Care Sheet" tab. Its a long read, but I liked almost all of it.

Thanks! I've been searching the internet and talking to the few people I know that own them about how they care for them. I really enjoy her. She's so funny. When I first go to take her out of her enclosure she's all hissy but after a few mins she starts climbing all over me and enjoys being out. And then when I go to put her back in her enclosure she starts hissing again not wanting to go back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.