Status
Not open for further replies.

Magdrive

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington, NC
wellington said:
Magdrive said:
When I got them, there was some white stuff on there back, you can see it in pics. Looked like maybe a number. You reckon they were imported?

Yes they are imported. All of toucan jungles Aldabras are imported. How did you not know that before you bought them? Didn't he tell you? That's why he doesn't have any under four inches. They are supposedly bred in a zoo and then held someplace, in England I think, can't remember, until they are four inches or bigger, before they are shipped to Chris.

Yea, I thought so, does'ent really matter. Just happy
I was able to get a couple.

Magdrive

5 Year Member
Washington, NC
Checked humidty in my indoor setup. Even with a 55 gal aquarium, the humidty was about 52%. I installed a 4" pvc pipe with end cap standing up. Filled with water and put some aquarium air stones in. Closed terrarium door and whalaaa, the humidty came up to about 68%. Does anyone know if this is a ok humity level?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would shoot for at least the 80 % area. That what Aldabramans humdity it is in Florida. Be sure the temps don't go too low though with higher humidity. I don't think Greg let's his young ones stay out under 75 I think. Hopefully he see this and correct me if I'm wrong. To help hold in humidity, cover 1/2 to 3/4 of the top..

Magdrive

5 Year Member
Washington, NC
wellington said:
I would shoot for at least the 80 % area. That what Aldabramans humdity it is in Florida. Be sure the temps don't go too low though with higher humidity. I don't think Greg let's his young ones stay out under 75 I think. Hopefully he see this and correct me if I'm wrong. To help hold in humidity, cover 1/2 to 3/4 of the top..

Thanks

Magdrive

5 Year Member
Washington, NC
Humidty levels up to 75% and the aldabras eatting everthing I put in there encloser. I don't know what I will do in the winter when they get big. I reckon I could put a humidifier in the barn with them. Anyone tryed that with there larger tortoises?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Once they get large enough to live outside, 24/7 humidity isn't as big of a deal as it is when they are young. That's with most torts. The humidity is really good for young to grow smooth. When large, a humid hide would probably be enough.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What magnificent creatures! The babies look so beautiful. I wish I had a farm because I would certainly have a couple of these myself. Loved that video Aldabraman.

Status
Not open for further replies.