My local pet store has baby Galaps (now Aldabra)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have to second cmac3 advice. A gallop needs lots of room and they grow fairly quick. Jumping into another one of any kind when you are still learning isn't right for the tort. There are more and more gallops for sale now days. When you are really ready, experienced, have the room, they will be there.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Not to mention the cost of the tortoise all by itself what are they asking for it 12-15 thousand?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not to mention the cost of the tortoise all by itself what are they asking for it 12-15 thousand?
$5000 for a hatchling has been the going rate, but the market is becoming saturated. I suspect the prices will be coming down in the next few years as several people are now producing them.

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California
My honest advice would be wait. You just got started with that leopard and had a shaky start. Wait a year, learn as much as possible and then reconsider it.

Oh certainly. I'm not truly considering it now. In the future, I would actually consider an Aldabra moreso than a Galapagos. I'm enjoying this hobby quite a bit so I can easily see myself getting more tortoises. Luckily I do have the room for them if that's what happens.

Jemo

10 Year Member!
Germany
Oh certainly. I'm not truly considering it now. In the future, I would actually consider an Aldabra moreso than a Galapagos. I'm enjoying this hobby quite a bit so I can easily see myself getting more tortoises. Luckily I do have the room for them if that's what happens.

Is there any possibility do ship legally to europe??