My little guys sick :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

hustleharder

5 Year Member
I don't think my little guys has eatin in like 2 months, he never comes out or walks around. I constantly have to check if he alive. I cannot afford to take him to the bet and I don't know what to do. He stays inside his shell all day and sometimes he goes into the cooler side of my enclosure and stays there for a day or two or until I pull him out and put him under the lights. He seems to be kind of pale too. Is he dieing?

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum mobile app

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
Are you soaking him? Whats your temps like? Pics of enclosure would help. And how old is it? You can try baby food soaks just add some to his soak water . I use carrot baby food any brand.

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using TortForum mobile app

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Give us more info. Is he in an aquarium, open enclosure, what are your four temperatures (hot side, cool side, night time, and overall tank temp), what is his diet like, how old is he, is he inside or outside. Try soaking him in warm water (not too warm) for 30 minutes and keep it warm.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
You should pm Tom or Yvonne they are an excellent source for advice.

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using TortForum mobile app

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You should never leave a tort to stay in his shell w/o eating for a long time. Something isn't right. If he's going to the cool side, that tells you that temps may be too hot somewhere in his enclosure. He could be dehydrated and in need of immediate attention. Can you post pics of him, his enclosure, and provide all the details necessary to help you help your tort?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do everything suggest ASAP. If he is truly a baby, this behavior is really not good. Also do the carrot baby food soak and add pedialyte to the soak water too. Be sure the water is warm. Soak for 30-60 minutes, keeping him warm the whole time. Also, give us the info requested and pics.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am also wondering how he is. I hope we hear something soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.