My little guy didn't arrive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
My Elongated that was supposed to arrive today has been delayed in Memphis since midnight last night. I have been checking his tracking number all day and it still says "in transit". I think I found the flight he was finally put on tonight and he should be in Atlanta now. He will have been traveling for almost 48 hours if he arrives by noon tomorrow. I sure hope he will be ok. I can't help but be a very worried new Momma....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We have seen this happen before on here and all was alright. As soon as you get him, give him a long warm soak. Then give him some food and let him be, maybe until the next day. Little guy been through some ruff flight times:D. After you give him a little time to settle in. Enjoy. Good luck, I'm sure all will fine, don't forget pics

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
He will be fine mine took a little over 2 days. Even though it was only a 4 hour drive where he came from.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
He should be fine as long as no extreme weather in encountered. Did you call them and let them know it is a live animal. They might be more careful with it.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
I did call Fedex, although they didn't seem too concerned, and he is coming from Tyler Stewart, so I know he is packaged well. He said he has a large ice pack with him so he should be fine. I'm glad the weather cooled off some for his trip too.

This is the one that has the mouth injury from when he was imported and I just hate that he is being stressed again.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Ok I remember that one. He is an adult he should be fine.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
As long as he was packaged well and temps arent extreme then he/she should be fine. Good luck!!! I hope his/her arrival is asap!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think shipping is normally way harder on us then it ever is on the tortoises. Was the delay due to a plane breaking down?

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
I never found out what caused the delay but it looked like all of their flights out of Memphis were running late. I will just be glad to see "out for delivery" when I check his tracking number!

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Typical Memphis for you. Lol I'm about 80 miles south of Memphis and go there quite a bit. That is Fed Ex's main worldwide hub so you would think they would have their "stuff" together. Lol.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
This happened to me as well. Luckily there were no deaths. A good soak would be very beneficial. Keep us updated.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
cyan said:
I did call Fedex, although they didn't seem too concerned, and he is coming from Tyler Stewart, so I know he is packaged well. He said he has a large ice pack with him so he should be fine. I'm glad the weather cooled off some for his trip too.

This is the one that has the mouth injury from when he was imported and I just hate that he is being stressed again.

Tyler has some good quality torts, I have bought from him in the past with great results. My mom has 2 Elongated torts, I found one of them on his back tonight when I went to visit her. Just make sure you soak and warm him up when you get him

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
He is now listed as at the local facility. He should be on a truck headed this way soon!

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
He's finally here!
IMAG1044.jpg

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Yay!!! That must of be full blown panic mode waiting all that time and then having to open the box... I'm glad he's finally at his new home! Good Luck with him!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Always a relief, when they finally are there and you see they are just fine. Congrats!

Robyn@TRR

5 Year Member
Glad to hear of the safe arrival.

Assuming there is not extreme weather (hot or cold), assuming proper packaging (well insulated box, well packed reptile) and assuming a healthy animal in the first place, a day's delay shouldn't cause a DOA in and of itself.

Tortoises in particular are especially hardy and do very well in shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.