my little girl loving the tortoises

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
little kids certainly love tortoises wait until it is bigger and she can ride it :)

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
I taught my little cousin the word tortoise as opposed to turtle, when referring to my Russian. I believe that animals are great way to teach kids about biology, ecology, etc., so why not get them interested in science at an early age? My aunt was uncertain that her niece could understand a word as "big" as tortoise. Of course I mentioned that children acquire vocabulary from the adults they look up to, so there was no way she couldn't learn it...

Days later, my aunt asked if her niece wanted to go see Steve the tortoise. She looked into the enclosure and asked her niece, "Can you see the turtle?" When, of course, my cousin said, "No, silly, that's a tortoise!" ;) True story.

Paul M Jones

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Point Pleasant, NJ and Jonesboro, GA
I've been finding all kinds of reptiles ever since I was young. My plan is to pass my skills and knowledge to my children. I just started breaking the ice with my son whose 10. Now I see him reading up on all kinds of reptiles. Next is my daughters turn

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
I've been finding all kinds of reptiles ever since I was young. My plan is to pass my skills and knowledge to my children. I just started breaking he ice with my son whose 10. Now I see him reading up on all kinds of reptiles. Next is my daughters turn
Way to go to get him into reading! :)