My Leo(Jupiter) pyramiding & weight.

Raggedyman85

Location (City and/or State)
Bristol(UK)
Jupiter already had some well established pyramiding when he/ she came to me and at that point what I was reading was leaning toward the hot/dry set up type so that's how I started. I have since become better educated and she now has a humid enclosure averaging 75/80%, regular soaks and she gets a light misting a few times a day I'm well aware I can't undo what has been done but I'd like to stop it getting worse.
Also concerned about her rate of growth he/ she feeds mainly on fresh grasses and hays I try to keep weeds to a minimum and occasional flowers/ petals as treats. Grass and hay is always freely available all day and refreshed daily. He/she grazes on and off all day between resting and stomping around her enclosure. Always seems happy and active, very friendly and sociable with everyone. I know growth rates can vary quite a lot but I have a niggling feeling she's not quite where she should be. I've found it hard to find details of growth rates online so don't have much to gauge where she should be.
My 2 questions are.
She's 2½ years old and currently weighs 288g what are your thoughts/ experiences on this?
How and when should I be able to see signs the pyramiding is improving?
Looking forward to your responses and advice. Cheers Paul. 20190513_121004.jpeg20190513_120924.jpeg

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
They all grow at their own rate, how fast or slow is irrelevant, as long as consistently growing. As new smooth growth comes in between the pyramids you will see improvement, but it will not be fast. In the better conditions you may see a good growth spurt. She is very pretty.

Raggedyman85

Bristol(UK)
To me it does feel like I can see a mild improvement her scutes seem to slowly be growing wider and outwards rather than upwards. She is so adorable loves attention always says hello to me before she starts munching her food. I knew when I bought her she was already developing quite deep pyramiding but I just feel guilty that I kept her too dry for the 1st year.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
She (?) is a very pretty tortoise.