My hermann tortoise isnt basking?

Rosie0121

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi, my hermann tortoise who i have just brought 4 days ago isnt basking as much as she should. She is only 11 mounths old and i am worried for her health.The only time she basks is when i put her under her lamp but even then, she walks away a few minutes after.Most of the day she hides or sleeps so i have given her a bath every day prior to buying her. She bearly eats with only a few bites of a leaf in a day and burrows down to sleep. I have to wake her up otherwise she wouldnt.
The tempreture under her basking lamp is around 32oc and 22oc the opsite end of the lamp.
I've sprayed down her enclosure to make sure its not to dry ( as before it was bone dry..)
Is this normal? What can i do to help her?

TiddlesTheTortoise2

Today is my birthday!
United Kingdom
Hi, my hermann tortoise who i have just brought 4 days ago isnt basking as much as she should. She is only 11 mounths old and i am worried for her health.The only time she basks is when i put her under her lamp but even then, she walks away a few minutes after.Most of the day she hides or sleeps so i have given her a bath every day prior to buying her. She bearly eats with only a few bites of a leaf in a day and burrows down to sleep. I have to wake her up otherwise she wouldnt.
The tempreture under her basking lamp is around 32oc and 22oc the opsite end of the lamp.
I've sprayed down her enclosure to make sure its not to dry ( as before it was bone dry..)
Is this normal? What can i do to help her?
I’m not a tortoise expert or anything but that definitely not normal! My tortoise stays under his lamp all day, and the eating situation is definitely not healthy. Maybe try and mix up her diet, but I’m not sure I would take her to the vet but than again I don’t know if you can during this time. I hope she gets better though! :)

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
also he might need about a week to settle into his new digs. Good luck! Be sure to give him warm soaks to make sure hes hydrated

Rosie0121

England
also he might need about a week to settle into his new digs. Good luck! Be sure to give him warm soaks to make sure hes hydrated
Thanks for replying to me :tort: She has only just started eating i have heard she will need a few days to get settled in but ill wait for her to ajust - Thanks again

Rosie0121

England
I’m not a tortoise expert or anything but that definitely not normal! My tortoise stays under his lamp all day, and the eating situation is definitely not healthy. Maybe try and mix up her diet, but I’m not sure I would take her to the vet but than again I don’t know if you can during this time. I hope she gets better though! :)
Thanks for anwser me, we are trying to grow her some food so hopfully she'll like that - Ill definitly see what else i can give her to mix up her diet a bit. :tort: