My Greek Babies!

SweetGreekTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
Very nice marokkensis! Who did you get yours from? I have two that I got from Randy at Tortstork. I cannot wait to see them grown and looking like their mom.

JanelP

Idaho
Very nice marokkensis! Who did you get yours from? I have two that I got from Randy at Tortstork. I cannot wait to see them grown and looking like their mom.

I got my youngest from Randy this year. Then I found another guy Mr. Daniels for the other two.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I got my youngest from Randy this year. Then I found another guy Mr. Daniels for the other two.
Your one from Randy is probably from the same clutch as my two.

Aaron Daniels in Louisiana, I'm guessing? I think he and Randy use the same bloodline, same adults.

Here are my two girls, Pandora and Rhea. Hatched June 17th and 23rd. Pic of the adults of our babies as well.IMG_20181020_113412_759.jpegmarokkensis.jpeg

JanelP

Idaho
Yes beautiful torts! I do believe my youngest came out of the same as yours. About the same hatch dates. The two I got from Aaron where holdbacks he had. 14 months and 6 months. When I told him I got my lil one from randy I was under the impression his two where different lines. Not many in the USA so I guess who knows.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are gorgeous! Great thread and great pics.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Yes beautiful torts! I do believe my youngest came out of the same as yours. About the same hatch dates. The two I got from Aaron where holdbacks he had. 14 months and 6 months. When I told him I got my lil one from randy I was under the impression his two where different lines. Not many in the USA so I guess who knows.
Yes, I remember Aaron posting those holdbacks for sale on Fauna Classifieds and I noticed his pictures of the adults were the same adults as what Randy has on his website. Small world. Not very many breeders for the marokkensis, especially ones as beautiful as these! There are 3 adult females and one male in the colony as far as I know, so the babies can be partially unrelated with different mothers.

Nala

Brampton Ontario Canada
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi, congratulations for ur beautiful babies.
I love them,
Myself I have two tortoises the oldest one Angel I have her for 10 years and the small one baby boy named Totia (less than 2 years).

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi Jane,
Is your tortoise eats eggs?
If yes I will feed my tortoise too.
Thank
Hello and welcome Nala. Your older tortoise has a beak that is overgrown and that needs trimming.

Greeks cannot eat egg. Their diet is weedy and leafy greens and should be low in proteins. They cannot digest sugars properly, they cause digestive and kidney problems, so sweet foods like fruit, tomato, bell pepper and carrot should only be fed very sparingly and very occasionally if at all.

Clean, finely ground egg shell can be used as a calcium supplement, But egg itself must not be fed to them.

Given the poor state of you tort's beak, I would recommend a cuttlebone for calcium supplementation. Chomping on it will help to prevent future overgrowth.

Nala

Brampton Ontario Canada
Hello Jane,
Thank you for comments on my Angel. I don't know how to trim Angel beak.
You are very good in noticing this issue.
Regarding the cuttlebone I always give her some of it, she used to like. I realized she doesn't like it as before.
I really appreciate if you can help me with something else.
Angel start to pee greenish mixed with white stuff.
I don't know what to do.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello Jane,
Thank you for comments on my Angel. I don't know how to trim Angel beak.
You are very good in noticing this issue.
Regarding the cuttlebone I always give her some of it, she used to like. I realized she doesn't like it as before.
I really appreciate if you can help me with something else.
Angel start to pee greenish mixed with white stuff.
I don't know what to do.
Hi Nala:

It's best if you start your own thread and ask your questions. This thread is talking about Jane's new Moroccan Green babies.

JanelP

Idaho
Hi Jane,
Is your tortoise eats eggs?
If yes I will feed my tortoise too.
Thank

I hope you find all the answers you are looking for. I love to see pic of other greek babies! I do not feed my tortoises eggs. I follow Joesmum's advice. grasses, leafy greens. I add optuna cactus occasionally, and I dust their food with repical. I always keep a tortoise block or cuttle bone in their pens. I also vary the terrain, so they have coccoir, reptibark, and large river rocks they have to climb over. I also see them sometimes chewing on the rocks, which is why I make sure they are large. Sometimes I wonder if they are trimming their beaks down.
To answer your question. sometimes you can take fingernail clippers to trim their beaks. If you do not have experience I recommend taking them to the vet. They can demmel and file them down nicely. If you want to start your own thread, I'm sure there are plently of people that will help you with your questions. I will get more pics soon, and am happy to see yours!
good day!
Janel

Melis

Maryland
I hope you find all the answers you are looking for. I love to see pic of other greek babies! I do not feed my tortoises eggs. I follow Joesmum's advice. grasses, leafy greens. I add optuna cactus occasionally, and I dust their food with repical. I always keep a tortoise block or cuttle bone in their pens. I also vary the terrain, so they have coccoir, reptibark, and large river rocks they have to climb over. I also see them sometimes chewing on the rocks, which is why I make sure they are large. Sometimes I wonder if they are trimming their beaks down.
To answer your question. sometimes you can take fingernail clippers to trim their beaks. If you do not have experience I recommend taking them to the vet. They can demmel and file them down nicely. If you want to start your own thread, I'm sure there are plently of people that will help you with your questions. I will get more pics soon, and am happy to see yours!
good day!
Janel
Do you use a mineral supplement? That can be the reason for chewing on rocks

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I'd love to see pics of Oli
Hi. Here's a pic of my beloved Oli, while sunbathing. :<3: ;)

(Will post more pics when I take some, as I lost all the pics on my device lately. :( )

Attachments

• IMG_20180830_145323.jpg
    IMG_20180830_145323.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17