My fogger setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anything

5 Year Member
Originally I bought two to have one as a backup, but it worked better running them both. One stopped performing well so I bought another two a couple weeks ago and I'm still waiting. I went for the very cheapest price, so I'm sure it's on a boat from china and its gonna take a while. I will put links on the very next post. The diameter and height of the bowl you use is important because as you can see from the pictures below, it creates a stream of water that shoots up as well as fog. That stream can tend to splash out. In my case, a little bigger diameter bowl would be better. Height of the bowl is important as well because, too high and the fog will never pour out. Make sure bowl is not placed by anything they can climb up and fall into!!!!!!! That last picture was what I was working on and will finish this weekend. Since I had a little splash and since the fog uses up the water, you need a constant water source. Get a fitting or fashion something so that you can fill a bottle with water and strap it to something with the hole facing down and tube water tight. Cut tube to length and lead it to the water bowl just at the top. It will keep the actual bowl filled to the level you set the tube. I got the idea from dog bowls that have a two liter bottle you can screw into bowl that keep it filled. You can put the power supply on a timer and feel confident it will fog for how long you want it too. I bought my power supplies separately but I am also including a link with the both. Buy a few power supplies and more than a few diggers and you should be good. They come from china, so if you need them faster, pay a little more for the shipping. I wanted to get a raspberry pi setup to really keep an eye on things, but that's further down the road. A timer and these items should work just fine. I'm not sure if this is gonna post right away but as soon as it does ill use the app to upload the photos

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ultraso...888?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e733c8ca8http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultrasonic-...789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3f0a7f8475

Item is called ultrasonic fogger . Here is another link to stand alonepower supply

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-110-240V...=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item5aeb066852

I realize that two links in the second post are smoothed together, and the combo link is a fogger with pretty lights attached to it. Which might be cool, but I did not get those , mine were without lights

Attachments

• image-479732916.png
    image-479732916.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
  • image-2115678403.png
    image-2115678403.png
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1675601333.png
    image-1675601333.png
    1 MB · Views: 91

EllieN

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Bay Area
OMG, that is so cool! I had no idea such a thing existed. I've been having trouble keeping Puck's enclosure humid enough - where did you get those things

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Wait so which one did you buy? And how much did it cost? All the foggers I've seen are $50 and that's why I haven't bought one yet :(

Anything

5 Year Member
I got this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130782366888?redirect=mobile
With this power supply
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-110-240V...er_Power_Supplies&hash=item5aeb066852&afsrc=1

Just search ultrasonic fogger mistmaker on eBay and get the one without the lights. Get a bunch actually, in one purchase and pay for the shipping if you don't wantto wait a month. Then get like three power supplies . Two for running and a third as backup. You'll get the most bang for your buck. By Sunday ill post some pics on how to incorporate the water bottle and timer. It seriously keeps the humidity up!!!!

todd and his tortoise

5 Year Member
i use the same one. makes a nice fogging effect. i got mine off of ebay too,shipped in the usa for about 11.00 shipped to my house. my hummidity has never been higher. i run it 2-3 times a day for about 30-45 minutes. i have to top off the water each day as some of it does splash out. i put a cover cut with holes in it to reduce the splash. todd

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Make sure to use ONLY distilled water with these Ultrasonic Humidifiers or else the calcium build up will destroy them in about 3-4 weeks of use. (depending on the calcium content of your water, of course)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I use a Reptifogger I got from eBay for $42. Mine is hooked up to a hydrometer that is +/- 5% automatic. This takes away the guess work, and I only need to fill the quart bottle once or twice daily per the ambient humidity level of the house. I'm glad this works well for you, I just prefer a more automatic system.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
So I ended up ordering the same type of fogger off eBay after I saw your post. I got them in today and they work great! I just wanted to say thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.