My final baby indian star passed away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cork_screw

10 Year Member!
If you try your hands at stars, I just wanted to underscore again keep them indoors. Keep them species specific, don't mix with other torts. And most importantly, invest 50 USD for a mercury vapor UVA/UVB, perhaps by powersun. Keep that on during the day, and at night turn it off BUT plug in a reptile heating pad/mat and place it on one side underneath the enclosure to create a gradient. And one minor thing, I saw in your video you fed it green beans. Please don't do this. Stars do not need this extra protein and it will cause issues with them later on, the minor end being superficial things like pyramiding and on the high end being kidney issues and digestive tract problems.

On a side note that I noticed. The stones that you keep in your enclosure collect quite a chill. I would really just get rid of those as they're mainly for aesthetic and will probably do nothing than to chill them. Stars especially are very sensitive to dampness and cold. Do the aforementioned and I bet you my best racing horse that any star torts you decide to get in the future, regardless of age will last longer than your trio did.

relaxkuma123 said:
Previously I have no IR thermometer.
But I've just bought digital thermometer, And I'll keep temp inside enclosure around 80-90 F

Status
Not open for further replies.