My FED-EX story. Let me vent!

pacific chelonians

Location (City and/or State)
SanDiego California
FedEx may be inconvenient and late a lot of the time but overall shipping through FedEx next day delivery is quite reliable and one going to ship through UPS it can cost as much is $200 and they may be a little more reliable but they do not offer the same quality of delivery in my experience FedEx delivery people are always considerate and set the package down I have had UPS delivery people throw packages with live animals over my fence that’s why I try to use FedEx when shipping and I haven’t had any problems yet

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
FedEx may be inconvenient and late a lot of the time but overall shipping through FedEx next day delivery is quite reliable and one going to ship through UPS it can cost as much is $200 and they may be a little more reliable but they do not offer the same quality of delivery in my experience FedEx delivery people are always considerate and set the package down I have had UPS delivery people throw packages with live animals over my fence that’s why I try to use FedEx when shipping and I haven’t had any problems yet
When given the option, I ALWAYS pay more just to avoid dealing with FEDEX.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Boy oh boy!
Six years later and STILL RELEVANT.
FedEx is just as inept and full of excuses as ever.
I received two orders of feeder insects the last few weeks.
An order of Banded crickets sent USPS all arrived on time and alive.
An order of Silkworms that I paid an extra $7 to be sent UPS, arrived 2 days late from FEDEX in a tub of melted, smelly, runny dead goo.
The seller gave me a full refund.
I suggested to the seller that he needs to STOP sending anything through FEDEX.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I don't know about FedEx but apparently theft is quite common amongst workers for one delivery company in my area especially at the moment with lockdown restrictions.
The drivers can't hand the parcels over but leave them on doorsteps and take a picture to show they've delivered them.
However, one has been caught out by one homeowner's cctv. He put the parcel on the doorstep, took a picture of it there so he has the 'proof' it was delivered, but then he picked it up and put it back in the van.
He's not a delivery driver anymore!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't know about FedEx but apparently theft is quite common amongst workers for one delivery company in my area especially at the moment with lockdown restrictions.
The drivers can't hand the parcels over but leave them on doorsteps and take a picture to show they've delivered them.
However, one has been caught out by one homeowner's cctv. He put the parcel on the doorstep, took a picture of it there so he has the 'proof' it was delivered, but then he picked it up and put it back in the van.
Wow.
That's an issue I wasn't aware of.
I've dealt with at least one liar, two inept managers and multiple reasons why they continue to disappoint from corporate.
It's not on occasion that they do something to screw up. It's a normal occurrence.
I guess I'm lucky none of my delivery persons have also been thieves.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow.
That's an issue I wasn't aware of.
I've dealt with at least one liar, two inept managers and multiple reasons why they continue to disappoint from corporate.
It's not on occasion that they do something to screw up. It's a normal occurrence.
I guess I'm lucky none of my delivery persons have also been thieves.
I've had the post office deliver a box. Then the guy came back and got it in front of my developmentally disabled brother. Why didn't they just give it to him? Sometimes he won't even know how to tell me but he did a day or so later. He wrote to me "man take your package". It wound up being a big mess for me to straighten up. I've had big screwups from all of them out there though many times.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I was hoping to never add, BUUUUUUUUT how do you mis-deliver a 60lb bag of dog food! Fed-ex showed as delivered but I didn't! Now CHEWY is a whole nother bag of WOW-Human on the first call and problem solved! 3 days later Fede-ex could find my house!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I was hoping to never add, BUUUUUUUUT how do you mis-deliver a 60lb bag of dog food! Fed-ex showed as delivered but I didn't! Now CHEWY is a whole nother bag of WOW-Human on the first call and problem solved! 3 days later Fede-ex could find my house!
FedEx has an excuse for everything.
Truth is that most of the issues are caused within FedEx and seen with no other carrier. (With regularity anyway)
They just really suck.

nootnootbu

USA
Perfect example for this thread.

Recently, I ordered some turtle and tort supplies from both Chewy and Petco.
Petco uses UPS, while Chewy uses FEDEX.

The packages arrived together, on the same day. It was an ugly stormy, super wet day.

The package from UPS was on my top step, inside a bag that had been tied shut to protect it from the weather.

The package from FEDEX was in the middle of the yard, nowhere near the door, completely soaked through, and it had electronics inside. :|

Thankfully, the heat lamp was plastic wrapped inside its own sodden box, so it suffered no damage, but this has consistently been my experience with FEDEX. They just don't care.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Perfect example for this thread.

Recently, I ordered some turtle and tort supplies from both Chewy and Petco.
Petco uses UPS, while Chewy uses FEDEX.

The packages arrived together, on the same day. It was an ugly stormy, super wet day.

The package from UPS was on my top step, inside a bag that had been tied shut to protect it from the weather.

The package from FEDEX was in the middle of the yard, nowhere near the door, completely soaked through, and it had electronics inside. :|

Thankfully, the heat lamp was plastic wrapped inside its own sodden box, so it suffered no damage, but this has consistently been my experience with FEDEX. They just don't care.
At every level. Just disappointing.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
The hubby worked holidays for UPS a couple of years with the same driver--both he & his driver in their early-60s. His driver had been there over 25 yrs. Management was terrible to the delivery people. If management decided they had over spent their holiday budget, they terminated the holiday people & expected the drivers to deliver on their own until they were done thru the rest of the holiday season. Hubby's driver always spent their route re-organizing a badly loaded truck.

Also, they had to turn off the truck with every stop, even if was moving a few feet. I'd be so dang car sick I'd be throwing up all over the packages. So no, Xeropilot, I've never been one of your fed ex delivery people. You'd know if I had been!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I knew I remembered you saying this.
I just saw a video of a driver photographing packages to prove that she delivered them.... then tossing them back in her truck and stealing them.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I just saw a video of a driver photographing packages to prove that she delivered them.... then tossing them back in her truck and stealing them.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry over this new plight. 'Tis better to loot or steal in the season of "giving" is the new "build back better"??? Holy cow, Batman!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I had my own recent debacle with Fed-Ex. I wrote to the seller who responded that many are complaining about Fed ex and he MIGHT offer UPS at some point in the future. So he knew....yet he kept using them. bye....

FED EX has also made mandatory adult sigs for ammo, not a Fed or State law but their own misguided brokewoke initiative.

It has gotten so bad that for things that matter, I will check to see who they use....I close the tab if I see Fed-Ex at this point!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That kinda happened to me with the US post. They delivered my package but came back and got it. My brother saw them do it but doesn't really know how to tell me. He finally tried to tell me the next day and I did finally get it but it made a big mess for me to staighten up in the meantime. I think if I hadn't called the post office I wouldn't have.