My FED-EX story. Let me vent!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm always very polite to the drivers that I interact with. The same as I wouldn't be rude to a waitress if the food sucked at a restaurant.
But clearly at least in my case some of the issues have been them. And in the case of the wrong address packages...I don't even report them any more.
I have never encountered the driver from my first story again. That guy was a liar at best. The truth from him would have been good enough. And maybe would've changed my whole anger level towards the company.
Really, that whole well documented first episode was an unnecessary P.R. disaster.
One I have not gotten over. And a fire that keeps getting more and more logs piled on.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Of all the delivery companies and methods, in my experience, Fed-Ex has been the most erratic and least reliable. That goes for personal deliveries of packages I've ordered, as well as for work related deliveries addressed to my office.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
The worst thing is, I work in a government building. There are several different entities that work in the same building. We don't always have a receptionist at the visitor entrance, so an access card is required. Otherwise, you have to call the entity you have business with and get them to come let you in the building. I've heard (credible) stories of Fed-Ex trying to dump off packages for the rest of the building on whoever was trying to sign for their office's delivery... and the driver getting miffed when that person refused to accept everyone else's packages!

It gets better... Apparently when they couldn't just dump packages off on someone (anyone) in the building, they took them to one of the other buildings on the same street. None of the entities where the packages were supposed to be delivered.

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
I used to own a rock climbing equipment shop and had endless problems with FedEx. It was so consistently bad it would have been hilarious if it wasn't screwing me over so much. Now I just have problems with them screaming down my gravel road and causing deep ruts. Venting does feel good, doesn't it?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I used to own a rock climbing equipment shop and had endless problems with FedEx. It was so consistently bad it would have been hilarious if it wasn't screwing me over so much. Now I just have problems with them screaming down my gravel road and causing deep ruts. Venting does feel good, doesn't it?
Yes.
I find it very helpful

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
New stuff!
I have supplies ordered from Josh's frogs.
They use FEDEX for the free shipping.
My mister and nozzles shipped out....
FedEx website says they're having "technical difficulties" so I can't track my package.
I guess that's because they can't blame another non existent event.

Weeks ago I ordered new wheels and tires for my bulletproof old Toyota truck from Discount Tire.
Same thing....Free shipping via Fedex.
I wanted to make sure I was home so after two days, I checked the tracking:
It said Friday "by end of day". This was Wednesday.
On Thursday I looked again and the delivery date was inexplicably changed to Saturday "by end of day."
Friday morning the wheels showed up.
Nice driver.
Courteous.
But why can't they get just one delivery delivered on the correct day without any questions.
I suppose I'm just lucky it arrived at the right address this time.

Hopefully my Josh's frogs order will get here safely.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
When Aretha, my MEP, arrived by FedEx the delivery guy flipped the package (plainly marked with "LIVE ANIMAL" and "THIS SIDE UP") in the air before handing it to me upside down... I didn't say anything, as I thought that if I started I might not stop, so I just brought her inside for an unboxing and bath.

Jamie

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When Aretha, my MEP, arrived by FedEx the delivery guy flipped the package (plainly marked with "LIVE ANIMAL" and "THIS SIDE UP") in the air before handing it to me upside down... I didn't say anything, as I thought that if I started I might not stop, so I just brought her inside for an unboxing and bath.

Jamie
I think they see and handle so many boxes daily that they don't actually 'see' the actual boxes anymore, never mind actually reading what's printed on them. (That's an awful lot of "actuals")

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I think they see and handle so many boxes daily that they don't actually 'see' the actual boxes anymore, never mind actually reading what's printed on them. (That's an awful lot of "actuals")

She was, and is, fine, but it pissed me off a bit.

Jamie

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Yep, i agree. And people often REUSE boxes that don’t really contain what it says written on the box. I mailed off a box of things to a friend in Alaska the other day, but re-used a NUTS.COM box. So, a box is a box is a box. Ogh, no nuts in the box.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The aviaries arrived on time and in the rain with mangled boxes.

Josh's frogs was supposed to be here today, Friday by end of day.
At 3 pm that changed to Saturday by end of day.
They should probably not even offer tracking as it means nothing.
Purely disappointing....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
INTERESTING
I just saw on the news that Amazon has stopped using FedEx due to it's "poor reliability" and will use USPS, UPS and their own, growing delivery service.
Way to go Fedex!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
INTERESTING
I just saw on the news that Amazon has stopped using FedEx due to it's "poor reliability" and will use USPS, UPS and their own, growing delivery service.
Way to go Fedex!
I just saw that too. We have a saying in the warehouse field, we say once FedEx and UPS merge then we can finally call it FEDUP!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Amazon in Richmond uses Lazer Ship as its local while it is rolling out its own delivery fleet. The tracking is kinda creepy sometimes cause you can see where they are and how many stops away they are. For me FedEx is right with USPS for . Again when my UPS driver retires y’all will be able to hear my scream!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Oh lord! I ordered from Amazon so no FedEx right? Wrong the company that is shipping it has an agreement with FedEx! Fingers crossed