My FED-EX story. Let me vent!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
First off I'd like to say that I have nothing against Fed Ex employees in general if any should be on this forum.

SO, I ordered my wife three pair of gold ear rings for Valentines day. The seller had free shipping but only dealt with Fex Ex. I'd had very little experience with them and thought nothing of it.
I placed the order and got a tracking number, etc. On the day that the package was to arrive, I went home from work a little early and waited on the box. 3, 4, 5, eight O'clock and no package. I clicked on the internet to track my order, and it showed the package as "DELIVERED".
I contacted Fed Ex and told them the situation and they asked if I had given the seller the correct adress. I told them YES. I even used the "auto fill" that automaticaly fills in the information. The person on the phone said that they needed to conduct an investigation and would get back to me.
Two full days later, while I was at work, a call came in but I didn't hear it because I was working on a running engine. The message left said that after speaking to the driver, they concluded that the package was left...And it was left at the correct location and that the investigation was OVER!
I called back and after being on hold for ages, was transferred to a rude individual that told me that either someone had stolen it from my porch or that I was conducting some sort of fraud! Then with many words exchanged, I was told that a FED-EX P.R. person would be visiting my home to discuss the matter and that I could file a formal complaint.
The next day, while I was cleaning my biggest living room fish tank, I saw out of the corner of my eye a FED-EX truck. By the time I could get to the front door, it quickly sped away.
What I saw when I opened the door was the back of the truck at full speed going down the road and a dirty and mangled box on my porch with tape holding it together, but containing the ear rings.
When the customer service agent visited the next day, I showed him the package and told him that the driver had snuck back to my house and tossed it on the porch without knocking and with no explaination.
It was clear that he didn't believe me and in a phone conversation later that day I was told that the driver said that he never came back to my house...because it was already delivered to the correct address.
(The trucks have no G.P.S.)
This whole matter has gone unresolved as far as I'm concerned. The only one who did nothing wrong was me, yet I'm the one looking guilty?
I will NEVER, EVER again deal with FED-EX.
Thanks for letting me vent.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Bad people work for each delivery service. The only throng you can do is make a formal complaint about the driver. Eventually that driver will have enough complaints that they will can them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hope venting has helped you get it out of your system. Obviously this driver lost your package and sneaked it to your house once he discovered it, hoping to get away with it. But, look on the bright side...all's well that ends well! Your wife got her lovely Valentine's day present - eventually!

Last edited:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I dislike reading such stories. Glad you did atleast. get the earrings. Did you tell the folks you bought them from how this company treated you?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I dislike reading such stories. Glad you did atleast. get the earrings. Did you tell the folks you bought them from how this company treated you?
Yes, but as a product review.
There is a formal complaint now on file. I was given a case number.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I wish you the best of luck on the formal complaint.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
That's very unfortunate and I certainly understand your anger. I agree there are bad individuals everywhere. Glad she got the earrings and hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Fedex does not have the most stringent standards for their employees.
I have a friend in my town who is often away from her business location. When packages arrive, UPS and FedEx know to leave it at my workplace if she's gone. But we were never been able to train the Fedex guy to leave a notice on her door like he is supposed to. So i would have to call her to inform her that she has a package.
Actually that guy may be gone now, but this was the situation for many years.

Once a few years ago i was driving in Washington, DC, through a school zone that said Speed lImit 15 MPH when light flashing. The light was flashing, and i was doing exactly 15. The Fedex guy riding my bumper leaned on his horn. He wanted me to risk an expensive ticket so he could maintain his schedule.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
What a headache, can you imagine if that was a tortoise package?
...Sorry that happened but glad to hear the earrings eventually came.

We have had a driver deliver out package to the wrong address. When we got the "delivered" notification but had no package my husband contacted them. They sent the driver back to the wrong house, (my husband went too) and the home owner who wrongly recieved the package- kept it!!! He was refusing to return it and claimed the driver's error wasn't his problem... Thankfully the original seller sent us out another package at no cost (wasn't cheap) and the same driver delivered it to be sure it went to the right house this time.

So you can have good delivery guys and crappy neighbors lol

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
An update that I thought might be amusing:
As it so happened, I had two packages scheduled for delivery yesterday. A motorcycle crankshaft arriving via U.P.S. and a microwave filter from G.E. parts that only sends FedEx.
Since I have a paying customer, friend waiting for his engine to be assembled, I went home early to get the packages and get started.
The U.P.S. package arrived at 12;30. Very heavy box. No damage. I got busy installing the crank into a newly restored 1972 Kawasaki engine.
About 6 P.M. I am finished and getting out of the shower and it occurs to me that I never saw the FedEx truck. I check tracking and it shows still, "11-01-16 by the end of the day."
At about 9 P.M. my wife comes home from work and I'm getting ready to go to sleep. I look on the porch. Nothing. I go online to see if the boneheads dropped it off at the wrong address again and see that it now reads "1-04-16 by end of day." Three more days?
They did not deliver when they said they would and are off by THREE DAYS?
What the ---- is wrong with this company?
How do they stay in business?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have to say that I've not ever had any trouble with FedEx. So sorry they seem to be picking on you. What did you ever do to fedex in your past lives that has caused such Karma? :rolleyes:

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I believe their drivers are contracted. Sounds like your area has a problem. I have had pretty good luck with FedEx as well. Knock on wood.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have had these problems with both Fedex and UPS. Unfortunately most of the time we can't pick who we want to deliver when we purchase. At my old place, I got UPS working good for me by having a talk with my driver. Being polite, I clearly made it clear, what I expected. He didn't disappoint. Now that I have moved, the service isn't bad, except they, FedEx and UPS drivers are too darn lazy to ring the door bell. Keep complaining every time even the littlest thing happens. If you don't, they think they are doing a good job.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I got my filter.
Not when it was supposed to be in on the 1st. Not when the date mysteriously changed to the 4th. Yesterday the 3rd.
I didn't see it because they didn't knock and the package was jammed inside my USPS mail box.
This has been my most successful FedEx transaction. A victory.:rolleyes:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
New stories.
I've been avoiding FedEx. Even sometimes paying extra money to have items NOT sent by them. But it's not always an option.
I use mostly USPS. And often UPS. There have been a few through FedEx. And a few of them were without issue. Still it's about a 50/50 toss up with them. And I'll bet you I've gotten 125 deliveries with USPS and UPS and not even one issue since I last posted.
One of the last three had a serious issue and all 3 of the last three had the same issue. So I'll start with that:
Almost every time I've gotten anything sent FedEx they'll say something like " do to the recent weather, some deliveries might be delayed." Apparently that "weather" is something that doesnt affect the other carriers?
Then you'll get the tracking number and estimated delivery date...Without exception, on the day of said delivery date, that date will change. No reason mentioned. It'll just be a few more days. This almost never happens with anyone else. But is a pattern with them.
Then the packages themselves arrive very damaged. But in all honesty, nothing inside has been damaged recently.
The one that made me respond again was a set of brake drums I ordered for an old car I'm working on. I ordered them from Georgia. Mostly because of the close proximity.
I didn't notice that the free shipping was with FedEx. But wouldn't have fussed to much. It's a 2 day. Maybe 3 day thing and the contents are cast iron and very hard to damage.
Well, as I am typing this, I still have not received them. This is week number two. I checked the tracking. Date has changed twice. The order was shipped the day after I ordered it. A closer inspection revealed that the package spent 5 entire days at the FedEx hub in Orlando. I suppose because the brake drums wanted to see Mickey Mouse.
I ordered my wife some seat covers for her new car. Cover King products are my favorite. And they use FedEx. So they were shipped FedEx. I waited a few days and checked the tracking. The date changed. I put on my "shocked face" expression. Waited two more days. Checked again. It said "delivered". It wasnt. But at least I knew what happened this time. It went AGAIN to 25th court instead of 25th street. It has happened a few times...ONLY FedEx. And that person and I have exchanged phone numbers. I checked my phone. Sure as Hell, I had a message. The box was there at the wrong address. Looking more like a truck had driven over it than delivered it.
So what I've gone through with FedEx is neither an isolated incident or anything that has been resolved. It is a level of incompetence and unprofessionalism at a very deep level.
And I will continue to not give them my business and reccomend others do the same.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I got my filter.
Not when it was supposed to be in on the 1st. Not when the date mysteriously changed to the 4th. Yesterday the 3rd.
I didn't see it because they didn't knock and the package was jammed inside my USPS mail box.
This has been my most successful FedEx transaction. A victory.:rolleyes:
Yeah, those drivers are getting lazy. I guess it's the time of year. I received a package I was watching on and off out the window for ALL DAY, and at about 4:30p when I walked down to the mailbox to see if I got any U.S. mail, there was my package, sitting in the middle of my driveway for the whole world to see and steal. But lucky for me, no one stole it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
New stories.
I've been avoiding FedEx. Even sometimes paying extra money to have items NOT sent by them. But it's not always an option.
I use mostly USPS. And often UPS. There have been a few through FedEx. And a few of them were without issue. Still it's about a 50/50 toss up with them. And I'll bet you I've gotten 125 deliveries with USPS and UPS and not even one issue since I last posted.
One of the last three had a serious issue and all 3 of the last three had the same issue. So I'll start with that:
Almost every time I've gotten anything sent FedEx they'll say something like " do to the recent weather, some deliveries might be delayed." Apparently that "weather" is something that doesnt affect the other carriers?
Then you'll get the tracking number and estimated delivery date...Without exception, on the day of said delivery date, that date will change. No reason mentioned. It'll just be a few more days. This almost never happens with anyone else. But is a pattern with them.
Then the packages themselves arrive very damaged. But in all honesty, nothing inside has been damaged recently.
The one that made me respond again was a set of brake drums I ordered for an old car I'm working on. I ordered them from Georgia. Mostly because of the close proximity.
I didn't notice that the free shipping was with FedEx. But wouldn't have fussed to much. It's a 2 day. Maybe 3 day thing and the contents are cast iron and very hard to damage.
Well, as I am typing this, I still have not received them. This is week number two. I checked the tracking. Date has changed twice. The order was shipped the day after I ordered it. A closer inspection revealed that the package spent 5 entire days at the FedEx hub in Orlando. I suppose because the brake drums wanted to see Mickey Mouse.
I ordered my wife some seat covers for her new car. Cover King products are my favorite. And they use FedEx. So they were shipped FedEx. I waited a few days and checked the tracking. The date changed. I put on my "shocked face" expression. Waited two more days. Checked again. It said "delivered". It wasnt. But at least I knew what happened this time. It went AGAIN to 25th court instead of 25th street. It has happened a few times...ONLY FedEx. And that person and I have exchanged phone numbers. I checked my phone. Sure as Hell, I had a message. The box was there at the wrong address. Looking more like a truck had driven over it than delivered it.
So what I've gone through with FedEx is neither an isolated incident or anything that has been resolved. It is a level of incompetence and unprofessionalism at a very deep level.
And I will continue to not give them my business and reccomend others do the same.
I think your FedEx driver doesn't like you. I have no trouble at all with my regular fedex guy. I buy all my pet food from chewy.com, and that includes 40lb bags of dog food and heavy, heavy boxes of cat litter. The boxes sometimes are so heavy I have to go get the wheelbarrow to bring them up from the gate.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I've only had one episode where FedEx left me saying, "You're killing me Smalls!"

I had placed two orders from two separate companies on the same day. Both shipped FedEx. I will praise FedEx because they allow me the option of picking an alternate location to drop off my package which is more helpful to me than the Porch Pirates in my neighborhood who lay waiting in the bushes for the large box trucks to make their deliveries. I pick a Walgreen's location a few blocks from my house and pick up my packages there after work.

So the day came and I picked up my two packages. One was a little larger than I expected, but it was a bulk order of tortoise supplies so I didn't think twice. Brought both boxes home and opened them. One was my new fluorescent light fixture and a T5 bulb. The other was a bunch of candles. Christmas candles to be exact! Scent called "Winterland" or something like that. What the crap?!? I didn't buy 30 candles. I don't use candles. I checked the shipping label, and it had my name on it.

I stood there, scratching my head for a solid 10 minutes, thinking of every possible scenario. Someone had to have stolen my credit card and ordered these. Nope!

Then it dawned on me. The label! FedEx had to reroute my package to deliver to another location. I ripped that label off, which revealed the original label underneath. I had been given a partial order that was meant for a local store. I called the store but they had closed for the day, so I dropped off their box to them after work the next day. My actual second package was waiting for me at the Walgreen's that next day too. So happy ending.

Meanwhile my FedEx guy who delivers my "priority overnight" live tortoises is always the same guy. He knows me a little now, after delivering a dozen tortoises to me over the past few months. So he's extra careful with my boxes and always asks me for updates how they are doing when he has another delivery for me.