My EBT Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Here are my EBT's. Population ecology fascinates me, and the variability of eastern box turtles interests me greatly. I've learned a lot keeping these guys, and it hasn't been easy. They get stress-related diseases easily, can be very picky eaters, and have distinct personalities. Their pen has a concrete pond and creek, and a sprinkler system that runs twice a day during the dry season. Maintaining humidity has been a struggle, but I think I've got it down now.

These turtles below are supposed to be from the same locality. I got Rueben 4 years ago, and acquired the rest of the collection 2 years ago. The males have a peculiar shape. They are long and thin, like a sub-sandwich, which is how Rueben got his name (I know a Rueben is not a sub-style sandwich, it worked for me).
MRueben.jpg

MEric.jpg

MRedford.jpg

FEmmy.jpg

Mona and Lisa look similar to me, and I wonder if they are related.
FMona.jpg

FLisa.jpg

FWilma.jpg

Smokey appears to have been burned at some point in her life, but has recovered completely. Her new seams in the burned region match the bone sutures, not the old scute lines.
FSmokey.jpg

FSunny.jpg

Cheyenne resembled native-american artwork to my wife, and so was named after a tribe.
FCheyenne.jpg

Colette kind of looks like a lump of coal, hence her name!
FColette.jpg

These below are not part of the locality turtles.
Leo, Goldie, and Glow are from the same region, but different localities.
MLeo.jpg

Goldie lays way too big of clutches for her size in my opinion! She laid an 8 egg clutch in 2009 and a 7 egg clutch last year.
FGoldie.jpg

Molly is a double-clutcher. She laid 6 eggs and 4 eggs in 2009, and 8 eggs and 6 eggs in 2010. I wish I knew where she was from.
FMolly.jpg

Glow is a female, I hope. It's too early to tell.
JGlow.jpg

I have 6 other turtles in addition, but I sold them last fall, and am keeping them for their owner temporarily (long story).

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm absolutely speechless!! Speaking as a long term box turtle keeper, I will say your boxies are ......gorgeous...every one of them. Your Redford male is the one I have been searching forever for. Let me know if you have any of his offspring for sale...or him.

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
wow the orange colors are striking........those are great box turtles,looks like you should have hatchlings anytime now with a group like that,perfect breeding group of turtles.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I like these guys now! Awesome torts and pics of them.

M

Maggie Cummings

They are stunning! Do you sell their offspring? Would you ship to Oregon? They are just beautiful...

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
OMG! I had to put my sunglasses on just to look at the pictures!Really nice group of boxies you have there...

Status
Not open for further replies.