My Eastern...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
This early morning I went out to sit on my front porch...it has been raining for 5 days now...my porch is not covered...I noticed funny looking things on the wooden stairs...slugs! My most hated kind of yard thing, but... I have an Eastern box turtle named Ginger...she loves slugs the way that I love Mt Dew...so I collected about 10, 3 to 4 inch fat slimy slugs...ugh...put them in her Frisbee...watched her eat the first one...she immediately got the slug slime smile...I left. Just now peeked in to check on her and this is what I found...050.JPG
I thought it was orchid bark stuck to her face...nope...she has a part of a slug gripped in her sharp jaw...with the substrate stuck to the slug...lol...lol...here's the slime all over her plastron...

051.JPG

so after I was thru humiliating her and taking pictures...I filled her Frisbee with water and washed her up...only plain water does nothing to slug slime...and now I have it all over me from attempting to wash her off...sickening...slimy fingers...Dawn detergent on her and me...lol