My dog and tortoise

Luddy1

Location (City and/or State)
Northampton
My dog shitzu of 10 years recently won’t leave my tortoise alone . They know each other and he has grown up with my tortoise . But jut recently acting really strange and won’t leave him alone . Any help please

Jan A

Boulder, CO
My dog shitzu of 10 years recently won’t leave my tortoise alone . They know each other and he has grown up with my tortoise . But jut recently acting really strange and won’t leave him alone . Any help please
Welcome to the forum. I think if you read thru various threads, the general consensus on the forum is that it is better for your tort's health & well-being to keep dogs away from your tort. There are lots of pictures of shell damage done by dogs to tortoises even by the most trusted dog. Perhaps you could explain & include pictures of enclosure(s) & describe in fuller details the access your tort & dog have to each other. Also, what kind of tort do you have?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This is proof that dogs and tortoises should never be together no matter how long they already have been.
We have many threads of why they should never be together.
Before the tort gets chewed up or killed, make sure the two can not be near each other.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Dog and tortoise should not have access to each other or each other's areas. The will immediately solve your current problem, and simultaneously prevent many other problems.