My dancing salcuta

Status
Not open for further replies.

mary t

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeland, florida
I am new to the site. My "little boy" dances around when we scratch his back. He looks so funny like he is going to fall over but he doesn't run away and will come up to your feet when you are trying to clean up and back up to your foot. I have only had him a few months like a lot of others adopted him from a friend that kept him in a tank. My faMily has worked very hard to build him an outside habitat as well as learn all the ins and outs of what o feed him. He still sleeps in a tank at night because we have not completed the dog Ouse for him yet and the fact hat he had never been outside before. It is cute because he has become so tame I can go out and call his name and tell him it's bed time and he will walk to my side of the habitat and when I pick him up he sticks his little head out and hold onto my waist with his front and back legs. Never thought I wou
D be so intrigued and happy with a pet tortoise ..

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
wow you got a tort with one huge personality!!!! I hope mine are like that when they get large !!!!
Just so you know everyone here loves pictures...just lots and lots and lots and lots of pictures :D:D:D

Texastort

10 Year Member!
My big one does that too! It is so funny. He loves to have his shell scratched.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
That's very cool! My year old sully Cooper is now coming to me sometimes when I whistle in a deep tone, that just blew me away when he started doing that! He has a lot of personality as well, and u just can't beat that in my opinion! My russian don't like to be handled at all yet, but she was already 7 when I got her and was handled by young kids for some reason instead of her owner. Glad to read your story and look forward to some pictures.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Thanks guys. I got a little carried away with my story , I was really wondering if this was ok, but I guess it is. I don't want to agrivate him but he seems like he likes it. Willie really has a wonderful personality since we have really only had him for a few months.. He came from an indoor tank and hardly came out of his cardboard box for the first week, now he let's me tickle his neck and head... Nice to know others get this big a kick outta there torts too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi mary t:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like for us to call you?

Also, when we know approximately where you are, it helps us design our answers to better fit your questions.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Welcome, sounds like you've got a great little guy. And good for you for giving him a happy home!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
WalkingRock was raised his first few(@5) years inside a Montessori Pre-School Classroom. He LOVES to have is shell petted, scratched or rubbed but only by humans. no cats or dogs or even trees branches will make him dance like a little girl.... he is especially fun to watch when 5 or 6 kids all do it at the same time... he almost looks like he's going into sezures, then comes back for more!

M

Maggie Cummings

I call it the Hootchie Cootchie dance. My Bob is over 100 pounds and when he dances it totally cracks me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.