My Custom Tortoise Table Build Thread

obas

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Edmonton, Alberta
If possible, I would love a copy of your plans. I am bringing home an adult Hermann's tortoise and would love to build it something similar to this design. Would you still be willing to send me the plans?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
obas said:
If possible, I would love a copy of your plans. I am bringing home an adult Hermann's tortoise and would love to build it something similar to this design. Would you still be willing to send me the plans?

Hi obas:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

mcrosby

5 Year Member
Sorry to bump a somewhat old thread...but I have to ask, how are all the decorations holding up? Specifically the fountain. I'm thinking of including a fountain of sorts in the habitat I am building. Any tips?

skyline223

5 Year Member
mcrosby said:
Sorry to bump a somewhat old thread...but I have to ask, how are all the decorations holding up? Specifically the fountain. I'm thinking of including a fountain of sorts in the habitat I am building. Any tips?

Here is a little update on how things are going.

The fountain did alright for a few months. But the pump in it started to act up so I decided to remove it to free up some space. I was at an arts festival in Los Angeles and came across a vendor who made ceramic mushrooms so I bought two of those and brought them all the way back to Memphis for the torts. They make for nice shade and they seem to enjoy them.

tort4.jpg

tort1z.jpg

Of course I don't keep it stocked with flowers at this time of the year due to not being able to get them locally. Fortunately they aren't too picky and really enjoy their dry diet with the occasional greens!

By the way.. I bought another female Russian about five months ago but never updated on here.. meet Sophia!
tort2f.jpg

tort3o.jpg

skyline223

5 Year Member
terry_tortoise said:
Can you buy theese there fab,how much would you sell one of theese for?

Well I don't exactly have the time right now to build one for the purpose of selling it. In all honesty it's not that hard to build! The only things I needed for this was a jigsaw, a drill, and an hobby knife. Give it a try, you might do better than you think!

J REED

5 Year Member
Ill be copying a majority of this if u d I nt mind bit will be 4x8 with a 2x4 planted grass area on end for grazing...you built a wonderful inspiring table.

Jeremy

skyline223

5 Year Member
J REED said:
Ill be copying a majority of this if u d I nt mind bit will be 4x8 with a 2x4 planted grass area on end for grazing...you built a wonderful inspiring table.

Jeremy

Sounds great!!! Please post some pics of your progress!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
This is a fantastic thread!
You put a great deal of work into it and it shows!
Thanks for posing a ll of this. Your Russians are so cute!

Mallykc

5 Year Member
If you are still sending out copies of the plans I would love it! I'll be building a table within the next month and was thinking about something very similar. My new condo had a cubby space that's about 5x4.
This weekend I'm building a large shelf to sit the table on (I need a nice storage place too)
Anyways I love your table and you did a great job! Thanks for the ideas!!!