My Custom Tortoise Table Build Thread

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
skyline223 said:
Alright, the tortoise table is now finished! I ended up using 3M industrial duct tape and lined the entire bottom of the enclosure. I poured water on it and confirmed that it was completely waterproof. As you may notice, I installed LED's along the perimeter of the lower portion. I will post a pic when night falls!

finish5.jpg

Rose enjoying her raised basking platform
finish3g.jpg

Tortoise eye view of the waterfall and vegetation
finish2w.jpg

Ramp and hide. She has gone up and down the ramp numerous times and successful every time.
finish4f.jpg

finish1g.jpg

Not sure that is the edible type of marigold... Go on thetortoisetable.org.uk to check which one you have in your enclosure

Shponglized

London
Hey all, I bought a baby Russian Tortoise about a week ago and wasn't too happy with a vivarium set up. Inspired by your build I went ahead and did my own.

IMAG0558.jpg IMAG0559.jpg IMAG0560.jpg

And here's the little dude I did the work for:

IMAG0551.jpg IMAG0555_BURST007.jpg

DMcK

US
Would anyone still have plans for this build? Thanks

Sandieh5

Plano IL
Day one of building has come to an end. I feel that I made pretty good progress. I got the whole table built up and stained the outside. Here is my to-do list of tasks still remaining:

• Attach legs
  • Install plexiglass
  • Apply silicone sealer at seams
  • Install substrate drain plug
  • Install waterproof liner
  • Fill with substrate
  • Add water features
  • Add lighting
  • Install tortoise :p

Here are the beginnings of the table
floorbottom.jpg

floortop.jpg

Here is how the table looks as of the end of day one. (Note that the sawhorses are obviously not the final legs!)

ALSO, for those of you who are observant, I will add a piece of plexiglass next to the ramp so that there is no chance a tortoise could fall off the side.
endofday1.jpg

And here is the rough design that started the whole idea. (Thanks to daydreaming in high school history class)
design1o.jpg

I stayed pretty close to the dimensions I originally planned +/- 1 inch or so in some places.

If anyone wants a copy of the plans and material lists, I would be willing to properly digitize them and make them available to you. Just let me know.:)

Noahsark

Hollywood florida
Day one of building has come to an end. I feel that I made pretty good progress. I got the whole table built up and stained the outside. Here is my to-do list of tasks still remaining:

• Attach legs
  • Install plexiglass
  • Fill with substrate
  • Add water features
  • Add lighting

floorbottom.jpg

floortop.jpg

Here is how the table looks as of the end of day one. (Note that the sawhorses are obviously not the final legs!)

ALSO, for those of you who are observant, I will add a piece of plexiglass next to the ramp so that there is no chance a tortoise could fall off the side.
endofday1.jpg

And here is the rough design that started the whole idea. (Thanks to daydreaming in high school history class)
design1o.jpg

I stayed pretty close to the dimensions I originally planned +/- 1 inch or so in some places.

If anyone wants a copy of the plans and material lists, I would be willing to properly digitize them and make them available to you. Just let me know.:)
I would love to build around your creation can you please send the blue prints!!

Sewell New Jersey

• Attach legs
  • Install plexiglass
  • Fill with substrate
  • Add water features
  • Add lighting

floorbottom.jpg

floortop.jpg

endofday1.jpg

design1o.jpg

What kind of wood did you use? Cedar?