690043d5.jpg

George and Chestnut
77cf121c.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute. I have one 14 1/2 year old Bengal. Strictly indoor and lazy. Like to sit in front of my lizards cage and watch him. Other than that, lazy:D

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Thanks! These guys have their share of laziness too. They are all a little over 9 years old, litter mates that I couldn't give away! They are also indoor only, ( except with the leash ). Only George will actually go out and walk though, the others it's more of a "drag" lol. So I gave up trying to take them :). My neighbors think I'm crazy enough, they don't need to catch me dragging my cats around my backyard :)

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
Very beautiful cats. I have 3 one is 3 yrs old a 11 month old and a 3 month old

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Nice cats, do they claw up your furniture? I have 2 black cats and they are pretty cool. I never liked cats until I got a little older and one adopted me. Our cats have a doggy door and they come and go as they wish. They also hang with my torts. One of my cats is a huge female that is the neighborhood brawler. She keeps the other cats in check that try to come around the house

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Thanks! They do claw the furniture sometimes!! We have a lot of scratch posts for them though and they like to use them the most. We also used to let them come and go as they pleased, but they were getting hurt often :(. One got a few abscesses at different times, from fighting. Poor George was even hit by a car :( , he came hobbling home with his front fang and a few other teeth broken. He ended up having to get them pulled out, that is why there is a scar on his face:(, after that we decided to keep them indoors only, for their safety and my pocketbooks :) , vet bills were very expensive! It was hard at first because they kept trying to go out and I felt bad for keeping them in ( that's where the leash/harness idea came from). They've been indoor only for about 5 years now and it doesn't seem to bother them much anymore. They do get trips into the backyard supervised.. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.