My baby won’t open one of his eyes

Tortisedonk7

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Welcome to the forum.
Looks like a Sulcata.... Im not experienced with Sulcata. However the people who are will ask you lots basic questions so they can help you. While you wait for their reply maybe you can help them help you. Post pics of your enclosure, gives details about lights, heat, humidity. Also where and when you got the tort is helpful.
@Tom

I know @mastershake will ask you where you got the tort and aprox how old and if you have seen any yellow bumps on its legs or neck.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Without any info on how you're caring for the baby, I can only give you generalization.

Baby turtles and tortoises CAN'T open their eyes when:

- they've stopped eating and are suffering from vitamin deficiency
- they are being kept too dry
- they aren't warm enough

There are probably more, but these re the main reasons. Please go to our Sulcata section and read the pinned threads

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
yes where did it come from, do you notice any yellow spots or bumps? if it was shipped it may have simply rubbed or scratched its eye with a front leg. but a vet would have to stain it to see for sure. get it setup under proper heat and get it a good soaking in some luke warm water and let us know.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What type of substrate, and is it damp?
What type of UB bulb?
What are your four temps? Warm side, cool side, basking area, and over night low?
What is the humidity in the enclosure?
Where did you get the tortoise?
What do you feed it?
How long have you had it?