My Baby Russian is not growing?!?!

EE torts

Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hello fellow Tortoise lovers!! I have a CB Baby russian named Pebbles i got him last year august 18th 2018 at a reptile expo, he was only 3 weeks old, so a hatchling he is now almost a yearling his bifthday is july 28. about a month after i got him i stafted noticing symptoms of Hatchling Failure Syndrome, i i can to the forum and every one said it sounded like HFS i got some tips on what to do and i did that, a few weeks later he surprisingly seemed all better, it was surprising because most do not live through HFS. so that is a little background, He has Uvb, Heat, A large enclosure, Eco Earth, hides, fresh leafy greens, water, i think i am doing the wright care, but he is very small for a almost yearling he is basically still the size if a hatchling, if you compare him to a hatchling they are basically the same size. i do not know if HFS stunted his growth, but i am worried that he is so small, other than that he is doing great. Please let me know what you think is up!!

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Are you tracking his weight at all on a regular basis? That would help you to know if he's gaining weight and growing, even if it's slow. Tortoises grow at different rates. I keep a record of weights and measurements for all mine so I can monitor their growth.

Can you post pictures of your tortoise and the habitat? That will help us to see a better picture of what could be going on.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Hard to say what is normal few survive HFS. If your tortoise is eating & going to the bathroom and is active then monitor his weight.

EE torts

USA
Are you tracking his weight at all on a regular basis? That would help you to know if he's gaining weight and growing, even if it's slow. Tortoises grow at different rates. I keep a record of weights and measurements for all mine so I can monitor their growth.

Can you post pictures of your tortoise and the habitat? That will help us to see a better picture of what could be going on.
Yes i have been monitoring his weight last year he started at 16g slowly moved up to 29g he is now 29g. here are some pics of him the last pic is from sptember 2018 to now 2019 his growth since i've had him. i also must mention his shell is still not completely hard (rock solid) like an adult i have heard that is normal but and should be hard by 1 year he is almost 1 year and it is still a little soft.IMG_6651.JPG F56BF21F-9A3F-4E85-B299-2F8EB5058142.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Shells harden at different rates. Don't worry it is hardening, no worries.