My baby has pneumonia :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbsMommy

5 Year Member
Herb had his last shot!! It's almost as if he knew it was his last one because e started acting like his normal healthy self just a couple hours after the shot! Finally getting his appetite back! Very happy mama here! He also maintained just about the same weight, losing a couple grams just at the end. So the pedialyte/baby food soaks really helped

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I'm beside myself for you and your baby. Remember, you can always use Pedialyte at any time in his soaks if you feel he's a bit dehydrated or too heated. It's amazing to see how it perks them up:)

vernie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
sibi said:
So, you first noticed bubbles coming out of his nose, and he had trouble breathing. Did he have mucus? If so, what color was it? After seeing mucus, you took him to the vet and he was put on baytril. Is he still on that, and are you giving him injections? Where were you told to give the injections? For how long? I believe that your Leo will get better with a lot of TLC and warm temps. Babies are very difficult to keep alive even without an illness like pneumonia. But the med is what he should be on. Make sure he gets at least two warm soaks daily. While taking these meds, it's important that they drink as much water as as possible. If he's not eating, you can do the warm soaks with carrot baby food. You can even warm up some pedialyte (usually given to babies who have diarrhea and/or vomiting) to replace the electrolytes lost from illness. I use it a lot when it's really hot outside and I don't think my torts are drinking enough water. Keep us posted.

I have a African spurred that is 23 now but he had pneumonia when he was a little guy too. We had to give him his antibiotic injections in his armpits basically . i have to say that doing that, giving Ernie his antibiotic injections really made him anti social for a long time ...now he is playful and very social but it took him a while after him getting over those injections . One of his favorite things to do is push his ball around the yard all day

HerbsMommy

5 Year Member
I see what you mean with the antisocial. Herbs been a little guarded, but he's getting there. He's getting his appetite back and has already regained 2 of the 3g he'd lost :)

Status
Not open for further replies.