Status
Not open for further replies.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, CA
These were all hatched July 07
Nike and Daphne are about 4 inches
Zeke is about 2.5 inches and Pinner is about 2 inches, at most.
Nike and Daphne were kept warm, on a table for most of their lives.
Zeke was brought in for the winter and kept warm
Pinner dug a hole and hibernated his very first winter. I cant believe he survived. He was only 3 months old and hibernated. He is small but very strong and has perfect shape.

Daphne
canon034.jpg

canon033.jpg

Nike
canon029.jpg

canon028.jpg

Zeke
canon030.jpg

canon032.jpg

and Pinner
canon024.jpg

canon025.jpg

canon026.jpg

canon027.jpg

Enjoy!
Eric

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
By the way, they are all "Temp Sexed" females. But i already have my doubts that all are female.
I think daphne and pinner are female.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Eric, they are all great looking. But I must say Pinners colors are my fav. Love the triple dots on the first vertebral scute.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
Crazy1 said:
Eric, they are all great looking. But I must say Pinners colors are my fav. Love the triple dots on the first vertebral scute.

The three dots are cool. It kinda looks like a happy face.
Thanks

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
My greek also hibernated the first winter after he hatched. Then he was barely 6 months old. He survived two hibernation so far and now he's almost four (I didn't let him to hibernate last winter as he never stopped eating even though the temperature has dropped).

I live in San Francisco bay area, where winter is not that cold relatively speaking, average low around mid 30s F. But that's enough for my some of my tortoise to hibernate outside in my backyard. They dig their own hole, usually no more than couple of inches deep. It's a short hibernation until February when temperature starts to rise.

I tend to let my tortoises to self-regulate and hibernate based on their own choices. Usually they eat less and less when the temperature starts to drop. If they don't stop eating, I bring them inside my home during winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.