My 4 year old Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
My sucker fish always used to jump out of my aquarium and I always had to go running to pick them up, even though I had glass covering on it. to this day I still have no idea how they did it.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Sorry to hear about your Oscar problems.. My Max (oscar) lived to be 9 years old.. I know it sounds silly but I cried when he passed away.. He had been such a big part of my life for 9 years.. (Navy) and when hubby would go out to sea, I would pick up all my critters and haul them all home for 3 months and then back home when hubby came back in.. Max actually had 2 tanks, one at my moms (for when we would visit) and the other at our home, Then he had his travel 5 gallon bucket for the LONNNNNG drive with his battery air pack.. lol..

He was so funny, I actually had a night light in the room where the tank was because he would get scared in the dark at night and RUN to the other end of his tank.. GOD I just knew he was gonna break the glass. lol.. but as long as I had the night light on he was fine..

I would say give this site a shot.. They seem to know LOTS about Oscars.. Waaa this thread makes me miss my Max and makes me want another one.. :(

http://oscarfish.com/ Good luck..

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
desertsss said:
I have tested all levels since we moved. Everything is normal. I do just think she is stressed out. She is still motivated to look at us for food, but when we give it to her, she spits it right out. Might have to change up some things, just hoping she gets better. What I am worried about is that she dried out her mouth, and something wierd happened there. Because she is still wanting to eat, but as soon as she tries she spits it right out. I don't know. Huge stress...:(

Ah the move? now that would be a reason he's stressed a bit. Try the stress coat and if you have to try feeding him some live feeder guppies or something just to see if he eats.

Status
Not open for further replies.