My 3 year old Desert tortoise hasn't pooped for four or five days.

mylittlecholla

Location (City and/or State)
Fillmore, California
I've been posting so many threads lately, I'm a schoolteacher working from home due to Covid19, so I have a lot of time tto obsess over my Cholla. I hope I'm not becoming a nuisance on the forum.

So . . . I'm concerned about the lack of poop. Her last one was quite large--since then, nothing. She's eating somewhat less less than usual, but still chomping down most of her salad of dandelions and grape leaves and Grassland Tortoise mush in the morning.

She gets a warm soak every other day, and she has a water dish that's kept full.

She basks in the sunshine and walks around a little when the daytime temps are over 70, then disappears into her hide for the rest of the day, even when the sun is strong & in the mid 70's.

Southern California temps have fallen to to 45-55 at night.

I'm hoping Cholla's comparative sluggishness and apparent constipation is simply part of the autumnal slow-down.

Reassurances would be welcome--but if it sounds to y'all like there might be something wrong, please let me know.

mylittlecholla

Location (City and/or State)
Fillmore, California
She pooped today. During her soak. What a relief--for me and for her, presumably. :)

It was large, elongated and segmented. Looked kind of like a little locomotive with two tiny cars attached.
Kinda unusual, but whatever . .. She walked around her little outdoor enclosure looking bright eyed, before retiring to her hide.

Reactions: ISU