My 2 newest tortoises (Radiated & Burmese Star)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I haven't posted pics in a while, but here are a few pics of my newest Radiated Tortoise which I have had for a few months now and my first Burmese Star Tortoise.
The Burmese Star is considered by many, to be functionally extinct in the wild. There are around 80 wild-caught Burmese Star founders that are legal in the US. Though rare, the Burmese Star is a very tough and outgoing tortoise. I have kept sri lankan star tortoises, but these seem to be a lot more outgoing right out of the egg shell.
Hopefully, I should have a nice female burmese star (confirmed through endoscopy) coming my way very soon. :cool: I will post pics of her when she arrives.

radiatavsplatynota.jpg

radiatavsplatynota2.jpg

newradiata.jpg

newradiata2.jpg

myfirstplatynota1.jpg

myfirstplatynota2.jpg

myfirstplatynota3.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Seriously. I don't think you could dream up tortoises that beautiful. They just don't seem real. Thanks for sharing them with us.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks everyone for the comments/compliments! My other tortoises shells are growing very smoothly....humidity/moisture makes a difference....but I also believe that diet does as well.

I am very happy with these two little babies.... earlier in the year I said I wasn't going to buy any more baby tortoises.....but who could pass these up! Even though the radiated tortoise isn't registered in the studbook....I knew I had to have her/him the minute I saw him/her!

Burmese Star tortoises are one of those tortoises that aren't very common in collections. In Asia, Radiated tortoises are pretty common and inexpensive (thanks to illegal smuggling), but the Burmese Stars are hard to come by even over there. Though I hear there are a few very successful breeders who are producing a good amount of captive bred babies.

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
Awesome! Dude, your collection is going to be world class.

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
FANCY BABIES! OMGOMGOMG I LOVE THEM!
They are like positive and negatives of eachother, very fancy.
Very cute, and very sexy turtle faces ;)

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks Richard and Katie!

I think I killed the links to the other photos....grrrr. I think I deleted the wrong photos out of my photobucket

I will post more pics when I get my new animal in

Status
Not open for further replies.