mushrooms are growing????

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
These mushrooms are growing in Pio's vivarium. Are they OK for him to eat, or should I take them out? I don't know where they came from. Maybe too much humidity. It is around 78 - 80 in there.

003-2.jpg

004-4.jpg

Chucky

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
S. Oregon
From what I hear they are good for redfoots. I picked a few growing in my yard a couple weeks ago and fed them to mine and they're still alive.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
If they are good Pio will eat them and if not Plo will ignore them (probably trampel them). That is the reaction of both my RFs and MEPs. If torts have a good choice of eatables they won't eat bad.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Terry, I had some gowing in my Greeks pen this year. I had heard wild mushrooms could be bad so I picked them then found some in another pen that I had missed and the tortoises just ignored them. They will on occasion eat mushrooms I give to them but these are mushrooms I know are good mushrooms and not something like toad stools etc.

George the box turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
In regards to mushrooms, are all store bought mushrooms (portabellos, etc.) okay to feed? I have a boxie. I had not previously been feeding mushrooms but after reading these posts am wondering if I could feed some that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.