Murphy's Mugshots

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Thanks, I saw your thread, great minds think alike! I was trying to think of a name that would sound like it was an old man. Murphy just came to me and I figured if he turned out to be a girl he could still be Murphy.

Kalbrecht

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Manassas,VA
Thanks, I saw your thread, great minds think alike! I was trying to think of a name that would sound like it was an old man. Murphy just came to me and I figured if he turned out to be a girl he could still be Murphy.
I'm in the process of making my outdoor enclosure this weekend as both torts like to hide from me when its time to go inside. Our weather in Virginia has been very unpredictable. Look forward to seeing and hearing more about Murphy. [emoji4]

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I'm in the process of making my outdoor enclosure this weekend as both torts like to hide from me when its time to go inside. Our weather in Virginia has been very unpredictable. Look forward to seeing and hearing more about Murphy. [emoji4]
Post pics when you do. Always nice to see what others create for their torts.

drew54

Indiana
Silly question, but I'm looking to make something like what you have. Do you have that pen anchored in anyway?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Silly question, but I'm looking to make something like what you have. Do you have that pen anchored in anyway?
No, I probably will attach some 4x4s driven in to the ground on the corners in the future though when he gets bigger.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
What a cool looking tort you have!Could be a character in a Star Wars movie or something. Love his face! Just curious, I’m planning on building an outdoor enclosure. I’m wondering what kind of wood did you use and what did you use to seal it if you did? Thanks in advance
Thank you . It's pressure treated wood from the hardware store. I didn't seal it. It's already treated when you buy it. I got it at home Depot. Seems to be holding up well too.

Kalbrecht

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Manassas,VA
Thank you . It's pressure treated wood from the hardware store. I didn't seal it. It's already treated when you buy it. I got it at home Depot. Seems to be holding up well too.
That's what we used too. Here's our progress so far