Mulberry The Tortoise

Mulberry

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello! I'm a 14 year old who has grown up around tortoises my entire life. My family has pictures of me from when I was so little I could barely walk with some of our Sulcata tortoises, but I was never all too interested in our tortoises until recently I got my own Galapagos tortoise from a family friend. I watched it start pipping and hatch out of egg A8 and it was probably one of the most amazing things I've seen in my 14 years of life so far, so I wanted to document my tortoise's life as much as I can since I've never seen another Galapagos tortoise's life documented from a candled egg to a giant adult. It's name is Mulberry and it can be identified by the "T" pattern it has on the first vertebral scoot. IMG_0903.jpegIMG_0936.jpegIMG_6094.jpgIMG_7021.JPGIMG_6438.JPGIMG_7019.JPG

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Hello! I'm a 14 year old who has grown up around tortoises my entire life. My family has pictures of me from when I was so little I could barely walk with some of our Sulcata tortoises, but I was never all too interested in our tortoises until recently I got my own Galapagos tortoise from a family friend. I watched it start pipping and hatch out of egg A8 and it was probably one of the most amazing things I've seen in my 14 years of life so far, so I wanted to document my tortoise's life as much as I can since I've never seen another Galapagos tortoise's life documented from a candled egg to a giant adult. It's name is Mulberry and it can be identified by the "T" pattern it has on the first vertebral scoot. View attachment 323432View attachment 323433View attachment 323434View attachment 323435View attachment 323436View attachment 323437
Welcome to the forum! Very cool story and pictures! Congrats on your new tortoise. I am excited to follow along on your and Mulberry’s journey.

SouthPaw

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Westchester County, NY
Welcome! Thanks so much for including us in your documentation! Just wonder, did Mulberry hatch just yesterday? And also, what’s your name?

~Mary

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
I take it these are from Mark? The last pic is shown in this thread:

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
Congratulations and welcome to the forum - not many people get to start with galops. I look forward to seeing this one grow up!