Muccia and her eggs

turtlesailor

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Today my mom saw my female European Pond Turtle out of the pond. She looks very dry and covered in spider webs.
I wetted her with cool water. But for now I placed her in a tub with some organic dirt. Hopefully she will lay but she feel slightly less heavy than before? So that might be a sign she might have laid already but I don’t know where... :/
A406E870-2D63-436E-A18D-A962A9822B6A.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They very seldom dig nests where WE want them to. Chances are she's not going to take advantage of the space you've put her in.

What happened to her beak?

turtlesailor

10 Year Member!
California
Her beak was already bought like that. I think it caused by the time she was caught for pet trade. Her condition has been disclosed by Turtles&Tortoise inc.

I was startled too initially. But it seem she very robust. I kept eye on her everyday to be sure she fine. So far I see a normal turtle.

turtlesailor

10 Year Member!
California
I think I should take her to the vet to see if she gravid. Rarely does she leave her pond. This is the second time she went out of water. I put her in my mom vegetable garden. It not far from the pond. So I hope She feel comfortable and hopefully she find a suitable spot to make a nest.
80653AFC-4EB6-4D97-9B69-5C0AE0AB857D.jpeg