MS. PIGGY PASSED AWAY THIS MORNING

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
It is a sad day for all who had known and loved Ms. Piggy. It is equally sad for all who were touched by her story of survival amid 6 years of bad husbandry. She won the hearts of the staff at the Vet Hosp. where she was being treated. I've yet to call them with the sad news.
I'm holding back this thread until I can speak with Maria, Ms. Piggy's first rescuer. She was the sweetest tortoise I have ever, ever had the pleasure of knowing:'(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh Sibi, I am so sorry:(. for all of you. She was at least loved by many at the end of her short life and didn't die never knowing it.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Oh no, this us so sad [PENSIVE FACE] I'm so very sorry for your loss

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You gave her the best care and love she has ever had . So very sorry .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If only...

So sorry Sylvia. We know you tried.

On a brighter note we have a web designer member here who is working on a new sulcata site with accurate info and care advice. I hope this new site will help people prevent this sort of sadness.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Oh sibi :0(
I am so so SO sorry about Ms Piggy :0(

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
We try so hard because they deserve our efforts . You did what you could so thank you for that.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Love and kindness are never wasted. So sorry for your loss.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I do too. I don't think she stood a chance. Her blood work showed kidney and liver failure. When she was rescued about three months ago, her owner said she was not eating or pooping then. It took about three months for her to slowly pass away. And, there was nothing anybody could have done for her. It was too late even three months ago. If only she was rescued a year ago...
Tom said:
If only...

So sorry Sylvia. We know you tried.

On a brighter note we have a web designer member here who is working on a new sulcata site with accurate info and care advice. I hope this new site will help people prevent this sort of sadness.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
The package just got here to perform the cloaca sub to test Ms. Piggy for intraneclear coccidiosis. I collected her sample even though she passed away. I will refrigerate it until I do the other three sullies on Monday. Then, I'll overnight it to UF on Monday. Out of the 4 sullies I have, Ms. Piggy was my greatest concern. I just need to know.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It's more than enough! Thanks Jacqui and all those who expressed sympathy for Ms. Piggy today.
Jacqui said:
It's not enough but *hugs*

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Just want anyone who was interested to know that Ms. Piggy DID NOT have Intranuclear Coccidoisis. The specialized test reported negative for Ms. Piggy. It may not matter to Ms. Piggy anymore, but it mattered to my other torts, although they were never exposed to each other. Thanks for reading.