Moving to Hawaii. HELP.

Kittymac

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
Hii!
i finally have the opportunity to move back home. I’ve been away for 10 years. In that time, I’ve loved and care for my Red foot tortoise (Seaweed) and my African Spur tortoise (squishy) I can leave with out them. I need help figuring out how to get them back to Hawaii with me.
to the Big Island.
Plane ? What airlines? Or cargo ? I’ll need heating pads ? Detla shipping ?
Is there paper work, like if I was taking a dog or cat?
Any advice would be really appreciate it!
I can’t leave my little ones.
I just need help.
thank you !

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Hii!
i finally have the opportunity to move back home. I’ve been away for 10 years. In that time, I’ve loved and care for my Red foot tortoise (Seaweed) and my African Spur tortoise (squishy) I can leave with out them. I need help figuring out how to get them back to Hawaii with me.
to the Big Island.
Plane ? What airlines? Or cargo ? I’ll need heating pads ? Detla shipping ?
Is there paper work, like if I was taking a dog or cat?
Any advice would be really appreciate it!
I can’t leave my little ones.
I just need help.
thank you !
How big are they?

Kapidolo Farms

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
It's not so complicated as many people would have you think.

All animals have to go through Honolulu, period. Their end destination can be somewhere else, I shipped to the airport on the western side of the big island. I suggest shipping via one of the animal shipping consolidators, I use Reptiles2you . And ship only to a FedEx hub for 'at will' called 'hold at location' pick-up by FedEx.

The requirement is to complete a form online with your intention, get a home authorized Vet to sign certificates of health, and ship within a few days of getting that health cert.

Some cautions:

1) Try to find a vet that has done this before, otherwise their education on what to do will be at your expense. The health certificate is mostly about dogs and cats having all their vaccinations, for reptiles it's about clear nasal passage and no ticks, that's about it.

Make multiple copies of the health certificate if it is not already a multi-part form, you know where the copies are all bound at the top, and there is a pink, green, yellow copy produced when the top copy is completed. Place them all in an envelope on the outside of the shipping box so they can be accessed without opening the box.

Pack according to instructions at the shipping company site.

email or call me for greater detail. use PM here to connect.

TortoiseSupply.com