mourning the loss of my lil Squishy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Dakota
A couple summers ago i saved this little tiny softshell turtle from a cple birds that were picking at it.... hes was happy n healthy as far as i knew,, he did have a weak smaller leg from the bird attack but it didnt seem to bother him he ate good n swam good... this morning i found him dead on the bottom of his tank.... ok so go back a cple weeks. he started to be lathargic and hanging ot on his rock ALOT so much he would be stuck to it.... i had given him all the vitamins n anything that i had learned to do for him.. we dont have a vet for turtles close by and the local vet told me to do jus do what i could.... im soooo sad.... now after he had already passed a weird almost blister like thing is on his shell so im guessing he had a bacterial infection or parasite? i feel terrible.. i loved that lil guy RIP Squishy

llaperle

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
You did a wonderful thing when you rescued him and gave him some wonderful time to be part of your family. Sorry for your loss.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
Kvoigt said:
A couple summers ago i saved this little tiny softshell turtle from a cple birds that were picking at it.... hes was happy n healthy as far as i knew,, he did have a weak smaller leg from the bird attack but it didnt seem to bother him he ate good n swam good... this morning i found him dead on the bottom of his tank.... ok so go back a cple weeks. he started to be lathargic and hanging ot on his rock ALOT so much he would be stuck to it.... i had given him all the vitamins n anything that i had learned to do for him.. we dont have a vet for turtles close by and the local vet told me to do jus do what i could.... im soooo sad.... now after he had already passed a weird almost blister like thing is on his shell so im guessing he had a bacterial infection or parasite? i feel terrible.. i loved that lil guy RIP Squishy
i dont know y there was a happy face i am anything but... here is the last photo i got of him b4 he passed... he was sick i know that but nothing i did helped him... i feel terrible..... ive never lost one b4....

Attachments

• squishy.jpg
    squishy.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 31

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, Kaila...how sad for you. I have some soft shell turtles in my pond. They are very interesting turtles. You must be devastated! Thanks for sharing your picture with us. I love Squishy's face. I'll try to remove the happy face (although really, it's the shy symbol) from your subject line, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. If not, we'll just live with it. We all know you're not happy about it.

I was able to change it to a sad face for you.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
emysemys said:
Oh, Kaila...how sad for you. I have some soft shell turtles in my pond. They are very interesting turtles. You must be devastated! Thanks for sharing your picture with us. I love Squishy's face. I'll try to remove the happy face (although really, it's the shy symbol) from your subject line, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. If not, we'll just live with it. We all know you're not happy about it.

I was able to change it to a sad face for you.

thank you for changing it for me. i am very devastated... he grew from the size of a quarter to the size of the palm of my hand in the time i had him...(about 2 years) and to top it off the ground is frozen so i cant bury him till spring.. or hope we get a really warm day... thank you all for your condolences it make me feel a lil better... now all i want to do i hide him home.. i look at it and want to cry that hes not there...

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
So sad! I'm sorry. Make a special memory garden for him with a lot of flowers, and pretty rocks :) a place to remember him and what a little fighter he was...

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
SailingMystic said:
So sad! I'm sorry. Make a special memory garden for him with a lot of flowers, and pretty rocks :) a place to remember him and what a little fighter he was...

i plan to bury him in the spot i found him.. its a nice wooded area i may plant some local plants as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.