Mosquito larva!

Zxsong

Location (City and/or State)
Pasadena, CA.
Long story short I have a pool that broke a while ago and doesn't like to drain anymore. So every time it rains here in CA the water builds up and the mosquitos like to lay their eggs in the still water. I keep forgetting to dump out the pool water so now I have a TON of baby bugs just waiting to suck the blood out of my body! Does this happen to anyone else here that has large still bodies of water? What do you use to kill the babies before you drain it out? I've tried bleach, vinegar, veg oil... I would just love to know any quick way to kill a lot of bugs. All voices are very much appreciated!
(p.s. none of my animals are allowed to go near my pool so no toxic chemicals will be in contact with them or any children here.)

Creedence

5 Year Member
Sacramento, CA
The fish are great. We move into our house in the late spring a few years ago after the house was vacant for two years. The pool was FULL of fish, and no mosquitos!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
JUST POUR BLEACH INTO THE POOL. Leave a bit in every at all times, and bugs living in it will die, and so will new ones.

Unless, of course, torts would be inside. Or people. But mostly torts.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You can go to a feed store in your area and get misquote tabs the you put in the water for about ten dollars .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Just dump it out. The aquatic mosquito larvae will die as soon as they dry out, which will be vey fast in this hot wind.

Zxsong

Pasadena, CA.
Dumping out tomorrow thank you all :) I'm going to try and dump not in the yard so not to make the ground toxic and the grass dead (but mostly cuz it's bad for torts)