Morning rituals

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
The snake is an Eastern Black Rat snake....pretty common around here. It's cool to watch one go straight up the side of a 100 ft oak to go look for birds, then come down 1/2 hour later.

I'm guessing that it's NOT the same one from last week or the week before, unless he grew a foot since then!

By the diameter of his mid-body, I'm guessing he was 5 feet long or maybe a little more. He certainly wasn't any threat to Matilda but she still wanted nothing to do with him.

jeff

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
The snake is an Eastern Black Rat snake....pretty common around here. It's cool to watch one go straight up the side of a 100 ft oak to go look for birds, then come down 1/2 hour later.

I'm guessing that it's NOT the same one from last week or the week before, unless he grew a foot since then!

By the diameter of his mid-body, I'm guessing he was 5 feet long or maybe a little more. He certainly wasn't any threat to Matilda but she still wanted nothing to do with him.

jeff
Good thing Matilda didn't act like some territorial torts and that would have been snake pieces!