More snow, again????

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
Got another 8" last night, it's still snowing, roads are bad, schools are closed. That does it, I am officially sick of winter.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
We have a nonstop torrential downpour of rain here. It is causing crazy snowslides because we still have about 5 ft of snow. It is dark as night outside. Feels like the end of the world. I'm with ya!

kimby37

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Mix of snow and rain here. It's coming down pretty good. Snow is melting somewhat. If it does melt too fast i think everything in my basement will float away :( I'm sick of winter too. This is what we get for having such a nice summer last year. But hey didn't the groundhog say spring is around the corner? I'll think of that being true :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Lots of rain here today too. All the mountain's of snow are melting, so some floods. It could be worse....if it was colder, all this rain would be snow. I can finally see my yard, and my boxie garden, and my tort garden....good thing I put pipes under the soil or I'd have swimming pools after three feet of snow melts.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Our weatherman is cautioning us about the very cold front that is moving down into Calif from Canada. We're going to have rain, but it might be so cold that we even get snow. This is an extremely rare occurrence for our area.

My flowering pear tree is covered with blossoms and the almond orchard across the street from me is a solid wall of white/pink blossoms. Hope the snow doesn't wreck that.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
We've got about 6-8" of wet, heavy snow here in the Catskills and it's still coming down here at noon time in big flakes! This week last year we got hammered with over 24", hopefully that won't be the case this time. I'm getting kind of sick of seeing white!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne, it's funny you mentioned your trees blooming, yesterday I was so enjoying seeing all the blooming orchards. Then there were the roadsides covered with bright cheerful yellow and orange blooms of some kind (mixed in with a few purples of another type). A yard we went by was ful of daffodils in full bloom. Now we are trying to get over the mountains into Oregon and are enjoying the lovely fresh snow, just not enjoying the on and off again chain laws..lol.

Call me crazy, but I actually love the change each season brings with all the special things you can only see and experience then. I really couldn't imagine not getting to enjoy all the four seasons. If I had to dislike one season more then the rest for me it's fall, because it means all my plants are dieing. Of course, I am not a big fan of temps over 90 either. lol

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Wev'e got snow! 1030 this morn... foothills of calif... 900 feet...
The storm came in last night.. wind and rain... then this morn hail..
then all was quiet. and i thought the rain stopped.. it did.. it changed to snow..
drizzle now...
COLD!

steve426

5 Year Member
snow! not much but enough to make me miserable. More coming on sunday.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
So far we're up to about 12" of new snow at 3 pm here in the Catskills and it's still coming down. The rest of my evening will probably be spent shoveling snow off the roof of my house and garage!

kimby37

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
GBtortoises said:
So far we're up to about 12" of new snow at 3 pm here in the Catskills and it's still coming down. The rest of my evening will probably be spent shoveling snow off the roof of my house and garage!

You can keep the snow. Ill take the rain we are having here all day.....sorry your getting more snow :( hopefully the nice warm weather will get here sooner than later.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
*cry* No more snow... :( I am SO ready for spring!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
The rain is gone, puddles frozen and now it is a complete white out of snow. Ahhhhhhhhhh! This has been the WORST winter.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
There is a chance for snow tomorrow here in Redlands, CA. It hasn't snowed here in over a decade I believe.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
CtTortoiseMom said:
The rain is gone, puddles frozen and now it is a complete white out of snow. Ahhhhhhhhhh! This has been the WORST winter.

What part of CT are you in? no snow here:)

Status
Not open for further replies.