More Grumpyface

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
So this morning at his weigh-in Little Grumpyface weighed 15 grams, he was 8 grams when I brought him home a month ago maybe? He is really cute, and so small and alert with bright eyes. Y'all know I love Sulcata, but box turtles run a close second with me.
100_5572.JPG
he eats really good. He gets tiny meal worms, and the red wigglers I dig for him.
100_5477.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He looks quite a bit bigger than the little thing you found in my box turtle yard.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
He looks quite a bit bigger than the little thing you found in my box turtle yard.
he was 8 grams when I got him home, he is just kickin some serious butt. When I hold him now I can feel his strength is more and he stays awake and out of hiding some now. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy him. Oh and "Chewy", the now named dog chewed ornata I brought home has turned into a ravenous fiend, she eats anything that is now or usta be food. That dried bug stuff? I sprinkled some on Spring Mix and she ate her share and her partner's too. In fact, I read the directions and served it to 9 box turtles and only 2 didn't eat it. And they aren't eating anything but live. For me, box turtles are entertaining and fun to watch.
100_5775.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Look at today...he's growing just fine. He eats all live food but turns his nose up at berries...
Grumpy Face
100_5922.JPG
He lives in a 10 gallon aquarium inside a box turtle table. He's gonna be big enuf to go outside next Spring
100_5929.JPG

100_5934.JPG

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
He is just the cutest little thing!! Congrats on your new little family member. He looks so healthy and strong. ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
He is just the cutest little thing!! Congrats on your new little family member. He looks so healthy and strong. ?
Thanks. He is so much fun, he's active and alert. He's gained 1/2 gram daily since I've had him. He was 8 grams when I found him, and 21 grams now. While Sulcata are my main focus, box turtles are personable, fun, easy keepers. I've been hunting worms and slugs from my back yard and pens. One Eastern box turtle was brought back from the brink of death with slugs. After a number of weeks with swollen closed eyes and no eating I did the baby food soaks and then offered live red wrigglers, slugs and night crawlers. It was the slugs they went after and only one is still sick. Grumpyface tries to bite a slug and because he is so small and the slugs are bigger and slimy, and bubbly and gross, a bite from his tiny mouth simply sends the slug shooting across the container.
100_5804.JPG

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Thanks. He is so much fun, he's active and alert. He's gained 1/2 gram daily since I've had him. He was 8 grams when I found him, and 21 grams now. While Sulcata are my main focus, box turtles are personable, fun, easy keepers. I've been hunting worms and slugs from my back yard and pens. One Eastern box turtle was brought back from the brink of death with slugs. After a number of weeks with swollen closed eyes and no eating I did the baby food soaks and then offered live red wrigglers, slugs and night crawlers. It was the slugs they went after and only one is still sick. Grumpyface tries to bite a slug and because he is so small and the slugs are bigger and slimy, and bubbly and gross, a bite from his tiny mouth simply sends the slug shooting across the container.
View attachment 313003
@maggie3fan How’s your little grump doing? I would love to see some more pics!