Monday's Totality!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't know anything about it, having only heard bits and pieces discussed here. Don't get the paper and only occasionally watch the news. I suppose I would take a look if I knew when it was going to happen, but I must say, it really doesn't float my boat.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It is a big deal here and personally I can't wait. This is what Christmas use to be like as a child, only even more exciting. I took time off for it and Jeff is coming home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just asked my friend, Google, and evidently it's a pretty big deal. Guess I'll have to get a bit excited.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I bought a solar filter for my camera just for the event. Local libraries all over the US have free glasses available for safely viewing the eclipse.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I bought a solar filter for my camera just for the event. Local libraries all over the US have free glasses available for safely viewing the eclipse.

I hope you post some pictures of what you capture.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
You only get a partial, which is still neat, but here will be a total eclipse.
default_envy.gif

default_envy.gif

default_envy.gif

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Yeah well the way it works here is whenever there is a show in the sky, we get rain and clouds. The newest forecast is saying a chance for showers. We may be making a road trip to find open skies.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes, I understand, I missed the best of the Perseid meteor shower this week because of cloud (here!)
Good fortune.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Is anybody else getting really excited about it, besides me?
I am. Like you, Salem, OR. is center of totality. I can't wait. I've got multiple pairs of glasses here (ISO 12312-2) did I mention I can't wait? Our population is 250,000. We are expecting an extra 250,000 "visitors". Motel rooms that normally are $39.99 a night are now, IF you can find one, renting out for $799.99 per night now.
And if that's not enough to get you, due to the record setting third longest dry spell for our area (57 days or something like that) we're in extreme fire danger right now and with all the out-of-towners well we're all kinda concerned around here. Me? I'll be home in my sweatpants,cowboy coffee in hand, watching on my front porch as the 3-D shadow comes my way. Maybe I'll do a selfie for you Yvonne so you can see what it's like over my shoulder. Jacqui, I wish I could fully express my happiness that JEFF will be home to share this with you,(well I'll indirectly long distance be with you).