Monday's Totality!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
We've already got a shortage of gas at some stations in town with freeways closed from to much traffic.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We've already got a shortage of gas at some stations in town with freeways closed from to much traffic.
Your missing the opportunity to make a few bucks. Set lawn chairs out and charge a couple hundred per chair. You know there would be a bunch of people dumb enough to pay it.
Hope all goes well there. That is kinda scary with the drought and all the extra people that will be there

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It is a big deal here and personally I can't wait. This is what Christmas use to be like as a child, only even more exciting. I took time off for it and Jeff is coming home.
I'm not excited about it but will be looking.
Sounds like you have a great date day coming up. Enjoy. Hope it's sunny clear blue skies for ya.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
When is it going to happen? 799.99 a night ! That's just crazy talk. There's no way I would pay that . Sleeping in my car is free .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
A guy was selling some glasses for $20 each but I didn't see the ISO so we passed. I knew it was fishy when there wasn't one person in line.
I think the kids and I will make something like we did in the good old days.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
When is it going to happen? 799.99 a night ! That's just crazy talk.
Monday, August 21st at about 10:15am here for the totality. Go to Portland, about 60 miles north of us and it'll be 99.5% total. And mike, don't worry about spending $799.99 a night. Like I said, you're welcome here. Bring a hunk of dead animal and I'll give you some Pendleton and at the least one ice cold Coors. Kick me $0.99 and I'll even give you a pair of ISO certified glasses. And a couch to sleep on.
Bring your wonderful bride and the offer goes for the two of you. Heckfire, stars shining in the daytime I'll be thinking I'm in north Alaska in the dead of winter, other than the 86° and clear skies we'll be having.

And less I forget, @Jacqui have a wonderful, very special day with Jeff. This is an event to spend with one you love and I most happy for you two getting that opportunity.

Last edited:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I wish I had the time and money to ride out there.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
The traffic is really picking up here along hwy 99. I'm going to watch from home and just enjoy it. I'm playing a drinking game since I took the day off. Each time one of my friends asks if I'm shooting it I have to take a shot of vodka. I'd rather watch then put in the effort to find a pleasing backdrop to shoot it against.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A guy was selling some glasses for $20 each but I didn't see the ISO so we passed. I knew it was fishy when there wasn't one person in line.
I think the kids and I will make something like we did in the good old days.

Many places are giving them away here.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I waited and waited then said to myself, I said, "Ken, be realistic here. It's just you and your Pendleton. Besides, how would Rochell really fell about here sleeping on the couch?" So I took maters into my own hands and finished my fifth! I must say it was a job well done. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1503121025.627179.jpg
I'm right there/here with you. For all there's, as they say in the quaint village of Pendleton, "Let 'Er Buck".

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I suppose I would take a look if I knew when it was going to happen, but I must say, it really doesn't float my boat.
Heckfire Yvonne! Even the Discovery Center will be having their telescope setup for people to view for free. No you won't have a full eclipse like we will, (72% vs. our 100%) but you will notice it. Once in a lifetime event that doesn't float your boat? Come on girlfriend, get on board here with us. Here's your local link;

http://amp.fresnobee.com/news/local/article167351432.html

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Not feelin' it. It gets dark out 365 times a year where I live.