Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Arkansas
Hey guys,

My dogs and cats have a tendency to bring home and kill many different types of animals, but the main would be moles.

With that said, would fresh mole be good for a protien source? I feed fresh killed turkey and sometimes fresh killed rabbit, but was not sure about moles.

Thanks in advanced.

ARKelly

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Good question. I feed earthworms collected in yard to my turtles and torts and those are the same ones the moles are eating. I don't if any parasites in moles could infest a tort.

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
Itort said:
Good question. I feed earthworms collected in yard to my turtles and torts and those are the same ones the moles are eating. I don't if any parasites in moles could infest a tort.

Are their not parasites in the ground itself?

My guys will eat anyting and everything they find that is either crawling or slithering in the yard. Would they not have some sort of "bug" in them as well?

Just curious.

ARKelly

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
That is what I'm thinking. If no pesticides are used in yard it is probably ok. I've caught mine eating dead mice (thank you barn cats).

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
Itort said:
That is what I'm thinking. If no pesticides are used in yard it is probably ok. I've caught mine eating dead mice (thank you barn cats).

:D And do not forget about the occasional poo droppings they find from the dogs and cats. ICK!

Luckily, my guys are penned up so that is not a worry. It is only when I let them wonder outside the pen is when they try to sneak one in on me.
Boy, the stories I could tell.

Thanks Itort!

ARkelly

Status
Not open for further replies.