Missing sulcata

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
What a shame! How could someone steal a 75 pound tortoise without anyone noticing? Obviously the guy didn't have a very secure yard. I would never put my tortoise in the front yard where he could be seen for this very reason. I wonder if that paint stunted its growth. 75 pounds seems kind of small for a tortoise that old.

NewTortEnthusiast

Bloomington, CA
Now that story makes me angry. Painting that beautiful creature's shell not only ruined his heavenly sculpted form and visual beauty, but some dirty thief captured him. Where is he? Who took him? Why did they take him and what will they do with him??

If I found the perp that took him, maaaaaannnn, I don't know what I would do. 75lbs of tortoise is hard to pick up. You can't just pick him up, the perp was determined to snatch him and take him to his home, as soon as he saw him he might have called a friend to help him pick him up even. Probably some weakling of a man might I add. Someone took good care of that tortoise (not the dirty original owners that painted him). Now he's gone. I'm angry.

I've got Steve and George right now and they're small. But one day they will be massive beasts just like they should be, walking around with me in my advanced old age. Decades from now, when they are living bulldozers/lawnmowers nearly the size of a trash can, and you see me walking with them don't even think of taking them from me. I may be super old when that time comes, but my gun will be squeaky clean. You can count on that.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Now that story makes me angry. Painting that beautiful creature's shell not only ruined his heavenly sculpted form and visual beauty, but some dirty thief captured him. Where is he? Who took him? Why did they take him and what will they do with him??

If I found the perp that took him, maaaaaannnn, I don't know what I would do. 75lbs of tortoise is hard to pick up. You can't just pick him up, the perp was determined to snatch him and take him to his home, as soon as he saw him he might have called a friend to help him pick him up even. Probably some weakling of a man might I add. Someone took good care of that tortoise (not the dirty original owners that painted him). Now he's gone. I'm angry.

I've got Steve and George right now and they're small. But one day they will be massive beasts just like they should be, walking around with me in my advanced old age. Decades from now, when they are living bulldozers/lawnmowers nearly the size of a trash can, and you see me walking with them don't even think of taking them from me. I may be super old when that time comes, but my gun will be squeaky clean. You can count on that.
Hey! Has anybody told you that you write REALLY well? You are so descriptive! You say you are angry, and anyone who cares for torts should be in this circumstance.
But when I read your post, I see what Tom was saying...this righteous anger was controlled and channeled into passion for these vulnerable animals.
Keep doing this! Your writing is smooth and a pleasure to read. Every time you express the rage inside of you in a non-harmful way, you release some of it, and that rage has less of a hold on you.
God has given you a talent. Use it! There is no better way to "get back" at the ones who anger you than to rise above them and be successful at your life.

NewTortEnthusiast

Bloomington, CA
Hey! Has anybody told you that you write REALLY well? You are so descriptive! You say you are angry, and anyone who cares for torts should be in this circumstance.
But when I read your post, I see what Tom was saying...this righteous anger was controlled and channeled into passion for these vulnerable animals.
Keep doing this! Your writing is smooth and a pleasure to read. Every time you express the rage inside of you in a non-harmful way, you release some of it, and that rage has less of a hold on you.
God has given you a talent. Use it! There is no better way to "get back" at the ones who anger you than to rise above them and be successful at your life.

I don't like thieves... I don't know how else to put it..
I have a way with words I'm sure, but yes when I get angry it just flies onto the screen out my head.

Just think how Twister felt. He was probably scared out of his mind. Whoever found him, evil or with good intentions, most likely hurt him in some way grabbing him. Where did they keep him? Was there other animals that could have hurt him on that person's property? Was there really little kids that poked him? That would bang his shell or get on top of him? Did they feed him? Did they give him the completely wrong stuff? Did they even watch him? All these scary possibilities made me angry. Just like many of us here, someone, one of his true caretakers probably loved him, they all loved him. The whole community loves him, loves him as if he was one of their children. Then to see him just disappear??? I'd be scared out of my mind, then floods of anger and hatred would cloud my judgement. No one in the entire community could find him, or see him just walking around. That would mean 1 of 2 things. #1: Someone scooped him up and drove off. #2: Someone in their community was a thief and a coward to not report that they had/found him. That means they planned on keeping him, then realized they bit off more than they could chew, and just dropped him off where he belonged as if nothing happened???? Cowards.

There are 3 things I hate most in this world: thieves, liars, and cowards. The people that had him were all 3.