Missing Russian Tortoise Lakeway TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelled423

5 Year Member
Missing female in Lakeway Texas. Approx 20 years old. Missing from Sailmaster area since 3/28/2012

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum...

Russians are great escape artists, I hope she shows back up...

michelled423

5 Year Member
Thank you for the welcome. It's interesting to read so many different opinions people have about raising their tortoises! As for mine, I look and ask around daily. Really hoping nobody decides to 'relocate' her if they find her. My neighbor replaced portions of our fence while I was at work, and away she walked.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Did you give your neighbor's yard a good search?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Time to get the strawberries and other 'irresistables' out in the favourite sunny spots.

Good luck with your search. Fingers crissed for you :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
What a heart breaker that must be! Good luck and I hope she turns up soon!!

michelled423

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Did you give your neighbor's yard a good search?

I've been searching multiple yards! I can see where she escaped from next door, it's just which direction and how far from there :( spreading the word door to door tomorrow, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

michelled423

5 Year Member
Just an update. I'm still looking. Posted flyers but they have been sending me on wild chases that are emotionally very difficult. Ran a mile in the green belt to find a turtle (?) not sure of species that wasn't mine. Searched a yard only for the lady to remember it was mid march when she saw her, mines been missing since march 28. Four leads total with no real promise. (((sigh)))

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
In most cases they don't travel very far. She's probably dug in near the base of a plant somewhere.

I sure hope you find her. Good luck.

blackbird

5 Year Member
Coastal San Diego
You may have already thought of this, but be sure to check Craigslist and other local listings, even the newspaper or Reader ads. I've seen 'Found Tortoise' ads in all of these.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
did you not have her in a enclosure?
Someone posted here before that they tend to go a certain direction when they travel.. but i cant recall what it is!
anyone??

michelled423

5 Year Member
The seek higher ground but I don't know about direction. I had her in my yard for 5 years then my neighbor took down a shared fence and she escaped.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Agree with the Craigs list... I posted there when my Eastern escaped, got him back the next day. Lucky yes...but it did work for me. You would be amazed at how fast these guys can travel... Good luck and fingers crossed for you that you find him/her.

michelled423

5 Year Member
Laura, not mine! Mine has a damaged shell and needs medication. At some point before I got her she contracted a fungus. So, she is highly identifiable. Also I do have a Craigslist ad but may modify it to say "land turtle" because some people do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.