Missing box turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
My male box turtles dug a hole under the fence and now four are missing! I looked all over my neighbor's yard, but I can't find them. Their gate is high so it's very possible that they got out. I'm desperate to find them! If anyone hears of a found box turtle in So Cal (I'm in Claremont) please please please let me know!!! Thank you!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Update : I found one this morning. A neighbor told me she turned one into the my vet (but they are closed until Monday so I hope he's actually there!) Two to go!

Ashleigh B

5 Year Member
Yucaipa CA
I livw in california and often go to So cal sometimes, we'll keep an eye out too!!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Update: I just found one! I guess he didn't slip under the fence - but climbed out of the pen and has been in my yard all along! :) I'm so happy!!!! Just one more to go!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Very good news to hear that you found three of them. Hopefully the other one will be found soon. Keep you in our thoughts Kimber. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I really feel for you, Kimber, because this happened to me too. You're in my prayers and I hope you fine the last one soon.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Good luck hope you find the last one soon :)

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
good luck, same thing happened with one of my Russian enclosures...my parents and sisters were searching all over, the last one, a female with some old bruises on her carapace was found two days later (still in the yard). My parents joke that she is the ring leader and guides them all out of the enclosure...

MovieActor

5 Year Member
Don't give up! My neighbor lost an Aldabra and it came back to his front yard a month later!

Try modifying the enclosure by sinking the walls a foot and a half underground to prevent any future breakouts.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Yay!!! I got the last one back today! :) The neighbor who lives behind me - three houses down - found him and called the number on my many signs. (She said he came up to her sliding glass doors and looked in at her while she was watching t.v.) Now my little family is all complete. :) Thank you everyone for your well wishes, prayers, and good thoughts. They worked! :)

MovieActor

5 Year Member
Fantastic! I'm so happy for you!
Think about sinking those enclosure walls into the ground ;)

jdawn

5 Year Member
Southwest
Such wonderful news! What a GREAT feeling to have your family 'complete' now... :) Always the best~ Jenny Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.