Mims needs new home, RT, no fee

Beak Jr

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Mims is a great Russian tortoise in need of a new home. She is available for a no fee adoption immediately. I am willing to deliver her if she can be placed near central WI, or I could meet this weekend at the North American Reptile Breeders Conference in Tinley Park IL this coming Saturday 10-12-13.

Mims is a very friendly and curious tortoise. She is rarely shy, often approaching anyone near her tortoise table. She has a great appetite and loves to lay on top of her greens while she eats from your hand. She is accustomed to living in a tortoise table but loves to go exploring outdoors. Her details are as follows:

Approximate age: 12 years
Years in captivity: at least 7
Weight: 1lb 4.25oz
Carapace Length: 6.25"
Carapace Width: 6.25"
Around mid shell: 12"
Head length: 1.25"

Mims came into my care almost two years ago, she had previously lived in a small aquarium along with a male companion. When they arrived they were in very poor condition, malnourished, and lethargic.

After moving them into a large tortoise table, providing appropriate lighting, food, shelter and baths they both became quite active. At first they didn't mind each other but after a few months the male became extremely aggressive and started to attack her.

Mims suffered damage from attacks by the male including a small chip in her beak, scrapes along her sides, and missing scales around her toes.

They have been separated for a few months now, and it appears Mims only suffered surface damage, from which she has mostly recovered.

I am seeking a new home for Mims because I do not have enough space to house the two separately.

I just want to make sure she can be placed in a good home with more space than I can provide, so I will not be accepting any payment for her adoption. I am available to deliver her if she can find a home near central Wisconsin, or I would be available to meet at the NARBC at Tinley Park this Saturday 10-12-13. I have never shipped a live animal before, but I would be willing to consider doing this as well.

Thanks for your consideration,
Beak Jr & Mims

Beak Jr

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Thank you to everyone who replied to this post, and the continued interest in Mims. Fortunately she was already placed with a member of the forum and is happily hibernating in her new home.

Thanks again,
Beak Jr